News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/01/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by GBL, August 01, 2017, 11:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

I hate Crowd Control.
Until this version.
It works for me.

mistercharlie

Leaves I could take or leave(s), but this Steep though... Damned if that isn't just some classic bad ass phishery right there. Just got through it again and it's even better the second time.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on August 02, 2017, 03:22:02 PM
Quote from: gainesvillegreen on August 02, 2017, 03:15:21 PM
This version of Crowd Control is wonderful.
That comment is likely to fall into the paug "Who gives a shit?' bucket - I think I am the only one here who likes Undermind on the whole - but it shows that as Phish pushes their long forms with various rates of success and failure, their short forms tighten up considerably.

I like Undermind, but I always skip Crowd Control.

Me too.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Steep jam is gorgeous. I really love how they re-arranged this tune in 3.0

.... I do miss the scream though...
Bring in the dude!

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 02, 2017, 06:45:00 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on August 02, 2017, 03:22:02 PM
Quote from: gainesvillegreen on August 02, 2017, 03:15:21 PM
This version of Crowd Control is wonderful.
That comment is likely to fall into the paug "Who gives a shit?' bucket - I think I am the only one here who likes Undermind on the whole - but it shows that as Phish pushes their long forms with various rates of success and failure, their short forms tighten up considerably.

I like Undermind, but I always skip Crowd Control.

Me too.
in gneral not a fan of this tune, but THIS version I like
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Gumbo72203

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 02, 2017, 07:05:31 PM
Steep jam is gorgeous. I really love how they re-arranged this tune in 3.0

.... I do miss the scream though...

Yeah, I miss the scream with that super dissonant chord.  I was telling my buddy about that part while we were watching it.  Also....  how about the glorious burn they're giving you for saying "all they know how to do is peak major key jams" hahaha.  That's all I've been thinking about this run, how all the big jams now are MINOR.  I love it.  So much. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Alright, so this hysterical Fishman moment I was talking about takes place at around 1:55-2:27 during this 46 Days.

What the hell is he doing?! He drastically speeds up and slows down 3 times in that period and hits the drums so hard!

eta. Also, they are actually doing things with this Possum. Tension! Maybe one of the best/fun versions I've seen. I've seen a lot.
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 19, 2017, 03:33:21 PM
Alright, so this hysterical Fishman moment I was talking about takes place at around 1:55-2:27 during this 46 Days.

What the hell is he doing?! He drastically speeds up and slows down 3 times in that period and hits the drums so hard!

eta. Also, they are actually doing things with this Possum. Tension! Maybe one of the best/fun versions I've seen. I've seen a lot.

I went and listened - sounds like he was trying to get someone's attention in the band... or he just had a Moonie attack.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 19, 2017, 04:10:26 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 19, 2017, 03:33:21 PM

I went and listened - sounds like he was trying to get someone's attention in the band... or he just had a Moonie attack.

He definitely got Trey's attention. He immediately looked at him and laughed.
Bring in the dude!