News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Your Favorite Albums of 2017

Started by August, December 08, 2017, 06:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

Quote from: Hicks on December 28, 2017, 01:56:12 AM

9. milo - Who Told You to Think??!!?!?!?!

Been digging this. Stereogum just had a write-up on him so he's officially played, tho.
That's TWO Mi(y)lo's you've turned me on to!

Caravan2001

Nice work boys. I've got some listening to do!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 04, 2018, 02:43:34 PM
Nice work boys. I've got some listening to do!

Same, I'm almost through Aug's contributions to my lacking repertoire.
Some initial stand outs so far are the Dan Auerbach and the L'Orange releases.
Hicks list on deck.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: August on January 04, 2018, 09:42:50 AM
Quote from: Hicks on December 28, 2017, 01:56:12 AM

9. milo - Who Told You to Think??!!?!?!?!

Been digging this. Stereogum just had a write-up on him so he's officially played, tho.
That's TWO Mi(y)lo's you've turned me on to!

Nice dude! 

Well yeah, it is his third full length, so yeah you're kinda late to the party. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jam>

cactusfan

Quote from: August on December 26, 2017, 05:32:18 AM

01) King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard with Mild High Club/Sketches of Brunswick East

The Gizz! The Lizz! The Wizzzz! After promising five LPs in 2017, the Aussie outfit's fourth (still time for one more!) quickly became my favorite of the batch. It's so different from their usual sound with more Jazz influence and tons of psychedelia. Most importantly, the album is a complete thought. A true front-to-back release with plenty of winding turns. Looking forward to the fifty albums they have planned for 2018. In the meantime, catch the band when they come through town if you like your face pan seared.

I'm enjoying this one a lot, Aug. Any recommendations on where to go next with this band? I've never listened to them before.

August

Quote from: cactusfan on January 06, 2018, 07:22:48 PM
Quote from: August on December 26, 2017, 05:32:18 AM

01) King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard with Mild High Club/Sketches of Brunswick East

The Gizz! The Lizz! The Wizzzz! After promising five LPs in 2017, the Aussie outfit's fourth (still time for one more!) quickly became my favorite of the batch. It's so different from their usual sound with more Jazz influence and tons of psychedelia. Most importantly, the album is a complete thought. A true front-to-back release with plenty of winding turns. Looking forward to the fifty albums they have planned for 2018. In the meantime, catch the band when they come through town if you like your face pan seared.

I'm enjoying this one a lot, Aug. Any recommendations on where to go next with this band? I've never listened to them before.

Sweet!
All 5 from this year are great.
Flying Microtonal Banana or Polygondwanaland should keep you going!

Buffalo Budd

Nonagon Infinity from last year is pretty amazing as well.
These guys have been killing it for the last 5 years imo.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

cactusfan

Thanks for the tips. I'll take a listen...

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 07, 2018, 07:43:43 AM
Nonagon Infinity from last year is pretty amazing as well.
These guys have been killing it for the last 5 years imo.

Nonagon was the first I heard and still my favorite, make sure you listen on repeat.   :rawk:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jam>

Another favorite of 2017 not really mentioned. The Frightnrs - More to Say Versions. Dub versions of the 2016 reggae album from Daptones. Dare I say, I like it better.

emay

well looks like the Pulitzer committee disagrees with us on DAMN...didn't see this comin, maybe for To pimp a butterfly

QuoteKendrick Lamar Just Won a Pulitzer Prize

Pulitzer committee wrote that DAMN. was "a virtuosic song collection unified by its vernacular authenticity and rhythmic dynamism that offers affecting vignettes capturing the complexity of modern African-American life."

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/a3yab4/kendrick-lamar-just-won-a-pulitzer-prize?utm_source=vicefbus