News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Elite 8 - Terrapin Station Region - 1-Grateful Dead v 2-Led Zeppelin

Started by UncleEbinezer, March 30, 2011, 10:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Elite 8 - Terrapin Station Region - 1-Grateful Dead v 2-Led Zeppelin
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

susep

I love the  :syf: but I'm going against the grain because Jimmy Page shreds Garcia to pieces on the electric guitar which is why I voted for Zep. 

cactusfan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 30, 2011, 11:10:15 PM
I'm sorry... Does led zep have a smiley?
:syf:

hey, yeah! this contest is rigged!

i'm voting Zeppelin.

barnesy305

Lifeboy

Jimmy does indeed shred Jerry to pieces at guitar, and Zep is in my top 5 fav bands of all-time, but the :syf: is my #2.

Sorry Zep
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Buffalo Budd

This was actually the hardest decision yet for me but  :syf: still take the cake.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

sophist

I'm sorry you guys think shitting out the same blues licks with flat fourths and string bending constitutes shredding.  At the end of the day, Jimmy Page relied too heavily on the pentatonic scale, where as Garcia was so well versed in music theory that it's not even close.  Playing faster doesn't mean he's better. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!