News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

again, i think that leads to more misses than hits... but it seems that its just me.  i gave it a shot, but could never see the humor in most of it, or i found the humor to be just stupid...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mikerobe

I must say, that I happen to love CYE because of how uncomfortable it makes me feel.  I always delight in watching the painful situation unfold.  You can see it happening scenes before.  And with each additional piece adding to the final stomach-wrenching final moment...

Damn, I gotta go rent that on DVD now.  Larry David.  Rock.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: ikki on August 14, 2006, 11:48:28 AM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 14, 2006, 01:25:22 AM
I just watched "The Butterfly Effect".

Wow.  If I had ever written a movie, I would have liked to have written that one.

It was way better than Donnie Darko, which I suspect just ripped off the entire idea.
personal level.

Too bad Donnie Darko came out three years before Butterfly Effect.

We all know you've just got a crush on Ashton and that's why you liked it!

The Butterfly Effect was the most shopped script in Hollywood beginning in like 99 I think?  It never would have seen production, except that somehow Ashton read the script in 2003 and atached his name as a producer.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: mikerobe on August 14, 2006, 05:30:40 PM
I must say, that I happen to love CYE because of how uncomfortable it makes me feel.  I always delight in watching the painful situation unfold.  You can see it happening scenes before.  And with each additional piece adding to the final stomach-wrenching final moment...

Damn, I gotta go rent that on DVD now.  Larry David.  Rock.
And then the final line is related to the first line of the show. Or related to something that happened 3 shows before-like when he coughed up that "hair" after getting beaten up by the manger actors.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sophist

^exactly!

sorry to hear that jedi but to each his own. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

fauxpaxfauxreal

The only thing I can think of watching CYE is, damn Larry David is a rich, talentless bastard.  Why am I watching this?

Then again, I only thought Seinfeld was averagely hilarious.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: VA slim on August 14, 2006, 12:00:51 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on August 14, 2006, 11:54:10 AM
ehh, larry david isnt that funny IMO... he CAN be funny, but that show is way too hit or miss....  entourage IMO is way more consistent... but i also dont think they are aimed at the same audience.  i find the humor in entourage to be more my style...

guess thats why i also never really liked seinfeld that much... i mean it was funny, but not the best ever.

NO SOUP FO YOU!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soup_Nazi

LOL LOL  :beers:
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

xanadux3

CYE is prob the funniest show out there, I love unscripted comdey. But what I think is really impressive is Da ALi G show. I think that guy is amazing that he can hold his character so well. He feeds on stupid peoples egos and makes a fool of them, Borat is great!
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

xanadux3

just took my wife to see Idlewild
we had a great time, it was a very entertaining movie. If you like outkast go see it!

Caravan2001

I watched Rushmore last night for the first time.  I had rented it when it came out (years ago), and couldn't finish it.  I even know some people that worked on it, and I like some other Wes Anderson movies but had not seen Rushmore.  Funny ass movie.  I also got The Office, original English BBC series, out of the library.  It is mad funny.  If you like the US one, get the British one, it's funny as shit.

xanadux3

these are O.R. scrubs..... oh are they? :lol:

the british office is great but very raunchy! if you have seen both the british and american versions you will see that some episodes are almost exactly identical. but dwight is the funniest character in any tv show ever!

susep

I watched the Phish '94 bluegrass sessions last night> good footage, it was funny seeing them on the road on the bus after a show hanging out until 5:00 a.m., Mike accompanying an album on his bass, sounding more interesting then at the show.  Page looking high playing chess..."you're still in checkmate" he says.
Mosier being impressed by the theaters Phish played in.

bacchist

yeah uk office is awesome... i didn't like the american version, at all.  the genius of the british version was better left alone, in my opinion.
Rebuilding...

Caravan2001

went to see little miss sunshine last night....really funny....not one that you have to see in the theater, but worth seeing for sure....

August

Quote from: caravan2001 on September 03, 2006, 09:27:05 PM
went to see little miss sunshine last night....really funny....not one that you have to see in the theater, but worth seeing for sure....

saw this yesterday.
anyone else see this?
i thought it was great.
a