News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

moe.

Started by Casey Lenahan, September 08, 2007, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Sad and shocking news today. moe. will be going on indefinite hiatus due to Rob's cancer diagnosis.

Here are the statements the band and Rob himself released.  :cry:

QuoteWe will play our remaining 2 shows in July (7/21 NYC, 7/28 Huckleberry Jam), as well as our Lockn' Festival appearance with Phil Lesh. Other than these 3 shows, we will be closing our doors until further notice.
More info for the Summer Tour with Railroad Earth will be forthcoming in the next few days. Please give us some time to sort out the details.
Thank you all for your love & support.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We look forward to seeing you down the road.
Love,
Rob, Chuck, Al, Jim, & Vinnie
A letter from Rob:
Early last week I was diagnosed with oropharyngeal cancer. Although I'd known something wasn't quite right for a while, I wasn't expecting to get this news. The prognosis is good, and the survival rate is high. Unfortunately the treatment will be rough on my body, and my voice. I will be out of commission for the foreseeable future, which means, moe. will be going on an unplanned hiatus. My treatments will begin in early August, and I will not be available for our planned summer tour. I'm very happy that we, as a band and a fan base, were able to successfully bring moe.down back this Summer and I thank you all for your support. My love for our music, my band mates, our crew, and all of you continually grows and I hope to be back on stage doing what I love to do sometime soon. Until then, know that I'm in good hands, and I'm forever grateful for all of your support.
Your Pal,
Rob

Read more: http://www.jambands.com/news/2017/07/17/moe-announce-indefinite-hiatus-after-rob-derhak-s-cancer-diagnosis#ixzz4n8zDfLcs
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

antelope19

Oh man.... so sorry to hear this. Rob is the man.

Let's hope for a speedy recovery.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Bummer! I hope he recovers fully and speedily.

So are the Lock'n contracts that tight that you can't even break one over cancer? Jeez.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Quote from: VDB on July 17, 2017, 11:24:13 PM
Bummer! I hope he recovers fully and speedily.

So are the Lock'n contracts that tight that you can't even break one over cancer? Jeez.

Once you sign it you are 'locked'n'
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Heard this yesterday, really shitty for him.
Hope he has a speedy recovery.

ETA. LOL Mr. C.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

damn, that sucks. wishing him a quick recovery.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Fuck cancer in the fucking face.

I've never been a huge fan but they seem like really good guys making a living doing what they love. I imagine Lockn is a sizable enough payday to be worth it before the unexpected hiatus kicks in.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

damn shitty news. Would see moe. a lot during the 2nd PH hiatus. hoping for a speedy recovery

anthrax

met him a few times.  very chill dude.  kick its ass, rob!

VDB

A few years back my wife and I went to see moe. at the Tabernacle in Atlanta. We invited my sister and her husband, since they live there. They're not what you'd call jam-band people but they like a good time. He and I took some mushrooms. During the encore break, my sister went to use the restroom and when the band returned to the stage, Rob was wearing a full bear costume. Bro-in-law texts sis to say "there's a bear on the stage." She replies with a "come on, babe" — you're high, shut up. She rejoins us in the section and, sure enough, there's a goddamn bear standing there playing bass and singing Black Sabbath. My sister apologized.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

antelope19

Going to see these boys tonight here in Orlando!  :banana:

shoreline99

Quote from: antelope19 on November 29, 2018, 08:34:10 AM

Nice! Enjoy the show!  :rockout:
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

PIE-GUY

I forget you live there - check out one of my favorite tunes:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: shoreline99 on November 29, 2018, 10:03:14 AM

Nice! Enjoy the show!  :rockout:

sweet! RAGE!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.