News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/14 - Champlain Valley Exposition - Essex Junction, VT - Post-Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, September 14, 2011, 11:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. Augusto

nab

Quote from: nakedpa on September 15, 2011, 09:03:29 AM
Quote from: nab on September 14, 2011, 11:15:50 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 14, 2011, 11:10:22 PM
Quality b-day rawk.

Show was good rock.  I'll have to listen to it again to form a better opinion, but I thought that Moma, Gin, Slave, and Twist were all pretty solid.  I kept hoping for the Oye Como Va to materialize out of Twist though.....

I didn't get this in on the LST thread, but it seemed appropriate given the last round of pictures. 

My ghetto solution to keeping my laptop cool for the whole show.  It tends to overheat on long video playback.

sorry to see that you're a browns fan too...   :shakehead:

No way man.

That's just one of the mini pennants all over the room.

Gumbo72203

Yeah its weird what being at the show does to you.

I was so happy for my friend Frieda, who was seeing them for the first time since Coventry.  I was stoked to see the new Trey, after Chicago and UIC.

Seriously, people... Phish is still playing music.  And they don't suck.  And its actually good.  Can we finally get our heads out of our asses? 

Yeah, upon reflection, its kinda lame the whole show is 3-chord-ers.  No "involved" songs outside of Slave and maybe Moma.  Still, it was rock peak, Pay Jorgan, jumping up and down to the turn-around Phish... and thats okay with me.

But seriously, the jamming in Gin, Wolfmans, Julius, Carini and Disease make this a winner.  Carini.....  fucking glory. 

And I think the song choice is why it was so good... they didn't have to think.  They could just groove, and let the juice flow.  It was certainly flowing, even Fishman was sprightly and more deft than usual.

It was a good, solid, safe Phish show.  Therefore, a good Phish show.  Phish is many different things.  Tonight was the streamlined, keep-the-joy-pumping type of show where they can push the rock songs until they explode, and thats exactly what they did.

I mean, even in the 7 minutes of Chalkdust, that jam was captivating. 

I'm so glad I'm still able to love seeing this band. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

ph92

I was all having fun and such and I havent relistened to it yet. But I remember leaving the show kinda bummed for no bustouts or big phish songs to end the year (possibly) But I do know that they played extremely well and pretty much everything besides the R&R was at least really solid.

I had a ton of highlights (based on amount of dancing)
Wolfmans
Gin
Carini
And just about all of the second set. Besides the cut R&R

Nothing special paperwise, but besides that slave the energy was kickin where I was and I loved every minute of this show. I'm really glad I made it out to VT for my first new england show.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Caravan2001

Quote from: phishhead92 on September 16, 2011, 01:05:21 AM
I was all having fun and such and I havent relistened to it yet. But I remember leaving the show kinda bummed for no bustouts or big phish songs to end the year (possibly) But I do know that they played extremely well and pretty much everything besides the R&R was at least really solid.

I had a ton of highlights (based on amount of dancing)
Wolfmans
Gin
Carini
And just about all of the second set. Besides the cut R&R

Nothing special paperwise, but besides that slave the energy was kickin where I was and I loved every minute of this show. I'm really glad I made it out to VT for my first new england show.

solid effort.  K+.....

sunrisevt

I concur.

And on the show, my boy emailed me yesterday for my assessment of the show and my answer had the same content as caravan's:

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 15, 2011, 12:28:55 PM
Pretty much what I expected from a tacked-on at the end of the tour benefit.  A greatest hits, short and sweet blaster....Had some good parts but they never really let it all hang out.  ... nothing stands out as 'bad', just pretty "safe" which again, is what I expected from a benefit. ...  Happy birthday SF!!!!

eta: I didn't wish my cousin a happy birthday to SuperFreakie, but what the hell, it was his birthday show and then some.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Undermind

Good stuff! 1.2 Mil is nothing sneeze at!  That will help a lot of people.

http://phish.com/#/news/2011/16/sold-out-concert-at-vermonts-champlain-valley-exposition-benefits-flood-recovery-effort

QuoteSold-Out Concert At Vermont's Champlain Valley Exposition Benefits Flood Recovery Efforts

Phish's Wednesday night Benefit For Vermont Flood Recovery at Champlain Valley Exposition in Essex Junction, VT raised in excess of $1.2 million dollars for Vermont flood recovery efforts. Major donors generously underwrote all the production expenses for the evening, contributing greatly to the concert's success. All proceeds - including ticket revenues, merchandise, download and webcast sales and concessions - will be directed to The WaterWheel Foundation and the Vermont Community Foundation to aid in the recovery of the Green Mountain State.

Individuals can still donate to The WaterWheel Foundation by clicking here and specifying that they would like their contribution to go to Vermont flood recovery efforts.

In addition to the major donors that underwrote the concert's production expenses, numerous businesses, organizations and individuals in and outside the state of Vermont offered support, including:

Ahli Baba's
Al's French Frys
Anheuser-Busch
Atomic Pro Audio
Avalon Tent
Bear Com Wireless
Ben & Jerry's
Best Western
Blondies
Burlington Police Department
Burton Snowboards
Champlain Valley Exposition
Chaos Visual Productions
CID Entertainment
Clair Brothers Audio
Comcast
Crescent Foods
CVE First Response
EHCO Lake Aquarium & Science Center
Electronic Connection Services
Encore Catering
Enterprise Car Rental
Essex Rescue
Farrell Distributing Corporatio
Flynn Theater/Flynn Tix
G. Stone Equipment, Commercial Division
Green Mountain Concert Services
Halvorson's
Hen of the Wood
Higher Ground
IATSE Local 919
Jaques Deli
Justin Helton of Status Serigraph
Long Trail Brewery
Mekkelsen's RV
Milton Cat Generators
Mountain Productions
Mr. Sausage
Nate Duval
NES Rentals
North Country Specialty
Okemo Mountain Resort
PC Construction Company
Revelry Brands
Rocky's New York Pizza
Select Design
Sheraton Hotel Burlington
Skinny Pancake
Steelman Production Services, Inc.
Steve's Coffee Shop
TD Bank
The Corner Store
The Half And Half
The Sheraton Burlington
Town of Essex
Upstaging, Inc.
Vermont Beef Producers
Village of Essex Junction
Washburn's Fencing
WBTZ
WCAT
WDEV
WIZN
WKOL
WOKO
WVMT

And thanks to the scores of volunteers that donated their time to make this event happen.

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

qop24

wow!!

I was actually going to post something this morning asking if there's been any word as to how much was raised, that's a pretty good chunk of change!
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Superfreakie

Nice meeting you Sunrise. Sorry we didn't catch back up, but I melted pretty. Was beyond communication for a little bit.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

ph92

I didnt get a chance to meet up with any paugers besides Sunrise, I was pretty spun and couldnt handle the crowd for the most part. Kinda bummed I didnt get to meet up with you SF, maybe sometime next summer :-D
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

emay

This julius, Carini > Dwd > slave made the trip worth it for me.
Me and  :wtu:'s crew from Boston got pretty close for the second set, before we were stopped by a puddle in the middle of the field.
Great crowd, the band was loving it, it reflects in their playing just wish they would have chose a better setlist.
Had some interesting times in ther Boston airport waiting for my flight at 6 am  :crazy:

kellerb

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 18, 2011, 06:09:13 PM
Me and  :wtu:'s crew from Boston got pretty close for the second set, before we were stopped by a puddle in the middle of the field.

Which puddle, superfreakie or '92?

Superfreakie

Quote from: kellerb on September 18, 2011, 07:54:14 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 18, 2011, 06:09:13 PM

Which puddle, superfreakie or '92?

Not I. Me, Birdman and his bro were cutting up a rug back by the SBD, and it was hard to leave when moist glittery girl on girl hot tub action was being offered.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.