News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Audio HW Advice - May Do a Radio Show on JEMP Radio

Started by PIE-GUY, January 14, 2023, 12:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

You can spilt a stereo signal into dual mono inputs, just pan each appropriately. That's how I capture my stereo guitar amp...

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 20, 2023, 02:22:56 PMYou can spilt a stereo signal into dual mono inputs, just pan each appropriately. That's how I capture my stereo guitar amp...

That will make editing harder, though, right? Like, if I need to move the track in time I have to move both the same. I could see that being a nightmare. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Hicks on January 20, 2023, 12:04:20 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 20, 2023, 11:04:25 AMThe problem is that those 4 inputs are really designed for mics only - the sound will be mono, even if its a line-in sound. That's not great.

I could add a simple 2-channel DJ mixer before the single RCA input on the Mixcast - something like this:  https://www.numark.com/product/m2

Yeah then you don't need the Onkyo anymore.
I think the Onkyo will continue in its role as my amp for speakers both from the computer and now from the Tascam... mostly for playback. 

Marmar

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 20, 2023, 04:42:56 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 20, 2023, 02:22:56 PMYou can spilt a stereo signal into dual mono inputs, just pan each appropriately. That's how I capture my stereo guitar amp...

That will make editing harder, though, right? Like, if I need to move the track in time I have to move both the same. I could see that being a nightmare.

Link each mono track as a group in your editor....this way any time slip happens equally between both mono tracks. Or, you can drop a marker on the timeline when you move one, and snap the other track to the marker. Not as nightmarish as you think it is.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Marmar on January 20, 2023, 06:31:20 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 20, 2023, 04:42:56 PM

Link each mono track as a group in your editor....this way any time slip happens equally between both mono tracks. Or, you can drop a marker on the timeline when you move one, and snap the other track to the marker. Not as nightmarish as you think it is.
Easy as Pie.

PIE-GUY

So, the Rodecaster Pro II can do this at a hardware level - combine two inputs as stereo and control with one fader and create one stereo channel. See below. I guess the Mixcaster cannot. 

You cannot view this attachment.

PIE-GUY

This thing worth $120? 

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 27, 2023, 04:52:02 PMThis thing worth $120?

Yeah that's fair if it has no issues. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Marmar

cant see the model number....if it's direct drive? hell yes.....if it's belt driven, see if they will knock $20 off for a new belt.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.