News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bozeman Tweezer vs. Providence Bowie

Started by runawayjimbo, August 15, 2012, 11:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Shit, I need something to do at work tomorrow.

Bowie - 12-29-1994 - Providence Civic Center - Providence, RI

vs.

Tweezer - 11-28-1994 - Field House, Montana State University - Bozeman, MT

POLL CLOSES: Friday, 8/17, 11:40pm EST
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Providence Bowie would vote for Bozeman.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

David Bowie has never even been to Montana!

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 16, 2012, 08:56:45 AM
David Bowie has never even been to Montana!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

I don't know y'all. Bozeman is obviously spectacular, and it may have "more" improv, but Providence, as massive as it is, still seems to have more focused intensity and purpose.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 16, 2012, 05:02:52 PM
I don't know y'all. Bozeman is obviously spectacular, and it may have "more" improv, but Providence, as massive as it is, still seems to have more focused intensity and purpose.

I dunno I find the first half of the Providence Bowie to be kinda aimless.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on August 16, 2012, 05:08:20 PM

You're fuckin' aimless, man!

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 17, 2012, 01:04:36 PM

You're fuckin' aimless, man!

Not true, I always aim for the center of the toilet.

emay

This.
A little surprised to see it win the whole thing, it beat many jams that I thought were better than this bowie.

Hicks

Cranking the From the Archives stream rip of the Bozeman Tweezer on the system while the girls are out and it's hard not to think about how amazeballs it would be if we had a decent source for it. 

But man, you can find something new in this Tweezer no matter how many times you listen to it, and I've heard it more than a few, tonight I really appreciated the Tweezer reprise jam at the end and the playful spaciness at the end. 

McGrupp

Quote from: Hicks on August 31, 2012, 07:43:14 PM
Cranking the From the Archives stream rip of the Bozeman Tweezer on the system while the girls are out and it's hard not to think about how amazeballs it would be if we had a decent source for it. 

But man, you can find something new in this Tweezer no matter how many times you listen to it, and I've heard it more than a few, tonight I really appreciated the Tweezer reprise jam at the end and the playful spaciness at the end.

That's my favorite part of the jam. I love blasting it at full volume while driving down the road.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Gumbo72203

this might be blasphemy but I prefer the 11/26/94 version of Bowie to Providence.  There's a couple major grooves around 17 mins, 20 minutes, and 31 mins that just do it for me more than the space-fuck mind-rape of Providence. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again