News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

pcr3

Quote from: PG on October 20, 2014, 04:33:47 PM
Quote from: Augustus on October 20, 2014, 01:08:50 PM
Watched this last night. Really enjoyed it.

Fixed that for you...

Saw this over the summer and enjoyed it until the cheesy Hollywood ending. My wife and I couldn't understand why they did that...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mbw

Quote from: pcr3 on October 20, 2014, 05:03:23 PM
Quote from: PG on October 20, 2014, 04:33:47 PM
Quote from: Augustus on October 20, 2014, 01:08:50 PM
Watched this last night. Really enjoyed it.

Fixed that for you...

Saw this over the summer and enjoyed it until the cheesy Hollywood ending. My wife and I couldn't understand why they did that...

I enjoyed it until the cheesy beginning, middle and end.

Augustus

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Augustus

Mr. Natural

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK - 1981  (dir. John Carpenter)

Somehow, I've made it through life without ever seeing this. I love how it's set in the far-off future of 1997.
Fun flick. I couldn't believe how many name actors kept popping up. My wife kept referring to Adrienne Barbeau as "they" whenever she was onscreen.  :wink:
Lots of shots of the twin towers* throughout, too.

* no, not another Adrienne Barbeau joke.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

cactusfan

Interstellar.

Christopher Nolan's new one. it was kind of all over the place. some good parts, and plenty of crap. like he wanted to be Kubrick and Spielberg at the same time, and failed to be either.

cool that he shot it on film, and parts of it in IMAX, as he usually does. weird that it's now a rare event to see a new movie projected on film.

also, someone needs to toss Hans Zimmer into deepest space. that guy's music is absolutely the worst.

cactusfan

Quote from: Mr. Natural on November 06, 2014, 06:39:51 PM
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK - 1981  (dir. John Carpenter)

Somehow, I've made it through life without ever seeing this. I love how it's set in the far-off future of 1997.
Fun flick. I couldn't believe how many name actors kept popping up. My wife kept referring to Adrienne Barbeau as "they" whenever she was onscreen.  :wink:
Lots of shots of the twin towers* throughout, too.

* no, not another Adrienne Barbeau joke.

after The Thing, my favorite Carpenter movie. i love how bleak and nihilistic it is. you don't piss off Snake, or he'll doom us to WWIII.

mbw

gah

^^^ Glad to hear that! I heard mixed reviews from a couple friends, but I've always enjoyed Innaritu's movies. I just Biutiful again last week, and was planning on catching this one tomorrow.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mbw

Quote from: gah on November 10, 2014, 02:02:14 PM
^^^ Glad to hear that! I heard mixed reviews from a couple friends, but I've always enjoyed Innaritu's movies. I just Biutiful again last week, and was planning on catching this one tomorrow.

ditch the friends who gave it a negative review.

cactusfan

Nightcrawler.

Dark and twisted and funny and pretty great. Check it out while it's still around.
I wrote something up about it here:

www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2014/11/nightcrawler-review-jake-gyllenhaal/

Hicks

Gone Girl, a true technical tour de force.  The lighting, cinematography, editing, casting (even Tyler Perry) are all executed flawlessly with impeccable precision.  The score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross is outstanding too, even better than their previously impressive work. 

Oh yeah and the story and acting weren't bad either. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Quote from: cactusfan on November 07, 2014, 12:20:15 PM
Interstellar.

Christopher Nolan's new one. it was kind of all over the place. some good parts, and plenty of crap. like he wanted to be Kubrick and Spielberg at the same time, and failed to be either.

cool that he shot it on film, and parts of it in IMAX, as he usually does. weird that it's now a rare event to see a new movie projected on film.

also, someone needs to toss Hans Zimmer into deepest space. that guy's music is absolutely the worst.

Saw this today. I agree it had its flaws but on the whole I rather enjoyed it. Zimmer's score didn't really bother me. He was definitely going for big and loud but fairly simple. It seemed like he was trying to match the gravitas of the themes and visuals but at least it wasn't as saccharine as a lot of film scores can tend to be.

As far as Nolan's recent work, I certainly liked it better than the third Batman movie and, setting aside Heath Ledger, the second.
Is this still Wombat?