News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/28 - DCU Center - Woosta, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, December 28, 2010, 11:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

wow
just started to give Shine a Light a listen and vocally, Trey is a mess   :|
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mistercharlie

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on December 29, 2010, 12:44:48 AM
too much?

It might have been if you hadn't written it so h34ty. But since you did, it's a fitting response to the fire piss comment.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Quote from: jasonsobel on December 29, 2010, 01:46:47 AM
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=541293

Thank you, Jason.  You spoil us rotten. 

Oh and, LOL at this thread.  Sorry I missed the LST.  Looked to be interesting. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

Quote from: antelope19 on December 29, 2010, 09:29:58 AM
Quote from: jasonsobel on December 29, 2010, 01:46:47 AM
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=541293

Thank you, Jason.  You spoil us rotten. 

Oh and, LOL at this thread.  Sorry I missed the LST.  Looked to be interesting.
Basically, nothing happened.  Then I showed up, was drunk, and posted some pics of my Wendy's consumption -> made fun of MBW's mom -> we discussed how last nights show was teh suck -> more Wendy's discussion -> Mirth's mom is a whore reprise
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mistercharlie

Quote from: sophist on December 29, 2010, 09:26:48 AM
::dies in sleep::
::hits up fast food court in hell::

HA! Jokes on TL, I lived through the night. Even with the abundance of pharmies in my system.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sophist

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 29, 2010, 09:34:47 AM

HA! Jokes on TL, I lived through the night. Even with the abundance of pharmies in my system.
Dude, it's Paugception.  You're not really awake.  In fact Terry is telling you to die to protect yourself from Scott invading your mind with thoughts of cougars and debauchery. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: sophist on December 29, 2010, 09:36:22 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on December 29, 2010, 09:34:47 AM

Dude, it's Paugception.  You're not really awake.  In fact Terry is telling you to die to protect yourself from Scott invading your mind with thoughts of cougars and debauchery.

So if I go one level deeper I can be boofing JBC's with George while JJ and Aug go on a Nike shopping spree?

Buffalo Budd

Mind = blown

And I'm not talking about the show, haven't listened to that yet.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sophist

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 29, 2010, 09:45:24 AM
Mind = blown

That's not the only thing that got blown this morning. 

::looks at Mirth's mom with a smirk::

mistercharlie

Just getting around to listening to this show...

1. Trey's voice sounds horrible. He sounds like he has a cold or something.

2. Apparently Phish has a stream set up for their friends. Before Pigtail he says that Tom Marshall is sitting at home listening to the concert. (How can we hack this stream? It's probably a SBD stream.)

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: sophist on December 29, 2010, 09:51:54 AM
Mind = blown

Ouch!!!
You guys are really dropping some doozies, I hope your moms don't frequent the boards.  :samurai:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 29, 2010, 10:09:29 AM
Quote from: sophist on December 29, 2010, 09:51:54 AM
Mind = blown

Ouch!!!
You guys are really dropping some doozies, I hope your moms don't frequent the boards.  :samurai:

I think '92s mom is the only one who posts here.

sophist

Alright, this Hood starts out really good but then it just meanders until they stumble into the ending.  It's an example of the same problems they always have which is that they're not listening to each other.  Mike is trying to take this Hood places and Trey never reacts to any of Mike's ideas, he just repeats the same muted arpeggio over and over.  Page's playing is wonderful in the beginning of the jam, but eventually he gives way to being Keith a la Dead '79, just mirroring what the rest of the band is doing.  It really crushes what was spur of the moment creativity they had, and then when they return to the normal Hood jam, they all sound lost as to how they should peak it.  The "peak" is a joke here.  It sounds really flat. 

Onto stash....

susep

Quote from: sophist on December 29, 2010, 10:13:25 AM
Alright, this Hood starts out really good but then it just meanders until they stumble into the ending.  It's an example of the same problems they always have which is that they're not listening to each other.  Mike is trying to take this Hood places and Trey never reacts to any of Mike's ideas, he just repeats the same muted arpeggio over and over.  Page's playing is wonderful in the beginning of the jam, but eventually he gives way to being Keith a la Dead '79, just mirroring what the rest of the band is doing.  It really crushes what was spur of the moment creativity they had, and then when they return to the normal Hood jam, they all sound lost as to how they should peak it.  The "peak" is a joke here.  It sounds really flat. 

Onto stash....

appreciate your insight into the music.