News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gun Talk Re: have you heard about...?

Started by emay, July 20, 2012, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Wow intense story,
QuoteGunman kills 12 in Denver shooting at Batman movie
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-shooting-denverbre86j0am-20120720,0,6584688.story

Cant even go see a midnight showing of a popular movie without being scared for your life now. Seems like these shootings happen almost once a year...scary stuff.

VDB

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 20, 2012, 09:35:53 AM
Wow intense story,
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-shooting-denverbre86j0am-20120720,0,6584688.story

Cant even go see a midnight showing of a popular movie without being scared for your life now. Seems like these shootings happen almost once a year...scary stuff.

Yeah, fuck that shit. There are lunatics out there. Sad but true.

Hate to sound cynical, but this is one reason why, when I go to sit in a dark room packed with a couple hundred strangers, I have my gun on me. Imagine if someone in the front row was carrying, there might be fewer grieving families today.

/soapbox

(Yeah, sorry, I know... politiw00k >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>)
Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 20, 2012, 10:09:44 AM
Wow intense story,

Hate to sound cynical, but this is one reason why, when I go to sit in a dark room packed with a couple hundred strangers, I have my gun on me. Imagine if someone in the front row was carrying, there might be fewer grieving families today.

/soapbox

You're joking right?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 20, 2012, 10:12:56 AM
Wow intense story,

/soapbox

You're joking right?

I'm guessing no.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

PIE-GUY

Wow intense story,

/soapbox

Dude had on a bullet-proof vest - you may not have stopped him before he stopped you.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

I'm a responsible and competent gun owner. When I carry (licensed), it's for the protection of myself, my wife and innocents in my midst. It's neither illegal nor, in my view, immoral, so, yeah... no joke.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 20, 2012, 10:27:55 AM
Wow intense story,

/soapbox

Dude had on a bullet-proof vest - you may not have stopped him before he stopped you.

Maybe not, but it would have been worth a try. Also, the standard idea is two shots to center mass, one to the head.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

Also, the theaters I frequent all sell beer, so, no weapons are allowed.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 20, 2012, 10:36:26 AM
Also, the theaters I frequent all sell beer, so, no weapons are allowed.

I guess they aren't exempted under the 51% rule?
Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 20, 2012, 10:30:18 AM
I'm a responsible and competent gun owner. When I carry (licensed), it's for the protection of myself, my wife and innocents in my midst. It's neither illegal nor, in my view, immoral, so, yeah... no joke.

Do you bring your gun to phish shows?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 20, 2012, 10:44:39 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 20, 2012, 10:30:18 AM

Do you bring your gun to phish shows?

That would be illegal. And hippies are peaceful anyway.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

mattstick

I can't even fathom bringing a weapon to the movies.

Nor can I imagine bringing a 3-month old baby to a midnight showing of Batman, yet there she is listed amongst the casualties.

VDB

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 20, 2012, 10:54:35 AM
Good for paranoia:

When does "paranoia" become "readiness"? Interested to hear your opinion on that threshold. People get attacked, shot at, robbed every day. Real talk.
Is this still Wombat?