News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Voice of the Chicago Cubs" Job - I'm in need of your support!

Started by MiamiPhish, March 04, 2011, 09:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiamiPhish

I'm not sure how many of you have seen that the Cubs are looking for their next PA announcer for Wrigley Field.  (http://cubs.careerbuilder.com/)

I'm applying for the job, and since I'm 25 with only a year's experience in radio, I'm probably most definitely a long shot.  Not every day do you get to test yourself against thousands of other people =)

Anyhow, you don't need to vote or anything, I could just use as much positive energy going into it as I can get - and I know this is the place for that!

p.s. I'll let y'all know how it goes...  I shot my youtube video/script reading yesterday, so I can post that if anyone actually wants to see it.

Thank you, 'paug!

Well, here's the video.  I was happier with it right after the fact.  The angle is kind of funny... I blame my photographer  :wink:
Also, the volume is kind of low, so I think it requires headphones for full effect.

Multibeast12

I LOVE THE CHICAGO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE BASEBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!! SO YOU HAVE EVERY BIT OF MY SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK DUDE, I HOPE YOU GET IT AND BRING THEM A WORLD SERIES.

I wish the best of luck to you  :beers:

fauxpaxfauxreal

Fuck the Cubs.

-Signed,

Bernie the Brewer.

ps-good luck on that job.  maybe you can be the next Harry Carey.

mbw

qop24

good luck! that would be a pretty amazing career if you land this, I bet the application/interview process is going to be a cool experience regardless though
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

StCarl

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

MiamiPhish

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.