News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OctopusRider

I think Battlefront II kind of sucks compared to the original. Yeah, it's cool to be a jedi and fly in space and the graphics might be a little better but overall it's not as good IMO. The AI units are pretty much idiots and the maps are not as good. When the first one came out I was on it about every day but I rarely play the 2nd one.

I still like the Rebel Assault games on the Gamecube a lot. Those are always fun.

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on March 14, 2007, 09:20:21 AM
slim-

did you get your 360 yet?  i just opened up GRAW2 last night to play around with the single player... and hot damn if it doesnt look amazing on my new TV!

i did notice while playing winning xi that sometimes my TV would get slightly blurry, especially on long passes... i think it has to do with the response time of the video card... they say that under 12ms is optimal for playing games, and my TV rates at 8ms, but still noticed the blurring... thats a bit disappointing, but i knew going in that i wasnt buying the top of the line model :|

as for GRAW, didnt notice anythign like that... but it could jsut be the difference in game types.

let me know when you've gotten on, and we'll play some GRAW!  i need a good reason to finally fork over the $50 for a Live subscription

hopefully tomorrow broseph...

keep your fingers crossed, i'm just tryin to get up the nerve to drop the cash, but i think i'll be there by tomorrow...

had to take care of some responsible expenses first today...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

Quote from: OctopusRider on March 14, 2007, 11:53:10 AM
Anybody here into Star Wars games?

about a year ago, jedi got me into online gaming through socom, AND BFII...

that game was fun, but the PS2 online was crap. talk about LAG!-- :-o

but i think BFIII is going to come along at a good time, and take full advantage of the new gen systems... apparently it might be exclusive XBOX360... also, i think they said that the developing crew is switching to the peeps that did timesplitters and another all-time classic FPS, so apparently hopes are high for a real KNOCKOUT.

OctopusRider

I rarely have any lag on PC for BFII.

I know it changes every year but what is the best game system right now? I haven't bought anything since gamecube and didn't like it very much. I pretty much just stick to star wars games and other lucas arts (Indy) games.

jephrey

Shit.  Wife negated her stance when I told her the cost, but not totally.  We just can't get it soon.  That may be ok because a lot of places don't have it in stock anyway.

Hopefully appletv has games soon.  With Wii-like controllers.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

VA $l!m

Quote from: OctopusRider on March 14, 2007, 08:59:53 PM
I rarely have any lag on PC for BFII.

I know it changes every year but what is the best game system right now? I haven't bought anything since gamecube and didn't like it very much. I pretty much just stick to star wars games and other lucas arts (Indy) games.

XBOX360 is the top system right now... and that's coming from a SONY playstation I & II owner.

if you read a lot of the articles comparing 360 to the PS3, there is no competition.

the WIii is an option, and a great system, for nintendo enthusiasts and the 'casual'/ party gamer... but the other two systems boast the specs in graphics and power for next gen systems.

and between the two the 360 has Ps3 beat on graphics, online support/community, and game production. Ps3 got a late start, and though it might have the capability to outdo the 360 power wise in the long run, as of now all the game manufacturers are producing their games for 360 first withthe Ps3 versions being 'ports' of the 360 originals.

hehe... i'm going today to get one!

:-D :-D :banana: :banana:

OctopusRider

Quote from: VA slim on March 15, 2007, 11:41:21 AM
XBOX360 is the top system right now... and that's coming from a SONY playstation I & II owner.

if you read a lot of the articles comparing 360 to the PS3, there is no competition.

the WIii is an option, and a great system, for nintendo enthusiasts and the 'casual'/ party gamer... but the other two systems boast the specs in graphics and power for next gen systems.

and between the two the 360 has Ps3 beat on graphics, online support/community, and game production. Ps3 got a late start, and though it might have the capability to outdo the 360 power wise in the long run, as of now all the game manufacturers are producing their games for 360 first withthe Ps3 versions being 'ports' of the 360 originals.

hehe... i'm going today to get one!

:-D :-D :banana: :banana:

Sounds like the one to get. Any Star Wars games on 360 yet? You can play on-line right?

tet

Quote from: OctopusRider on March 15, 2007, 12:25:29 PM
Sounds like the one to get. Any Star Wars games on 360 yet? You can play on-line right?

the only out as of right now is Lego Star Wars II, though you can play some of the older ones, like Knights of the Old Republic II through the backwards-compatibility mode (requires the model with the hard drive).  don't think there are any online modes yet for Lego Star Wars, other than downloading themes and picture packs for it.  Maybe they'll have something in the future (which is the beauty of Xbox Live). 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

yeah, there is a new starwars game thats coming this year, Star Wars: Force Unleashed...

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

this game is gonna be sick!  you play Vader's secret apprentice and you hunt down jedi!  :-o

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

OctopusRider

OMG that game is gonna be awesome! Thanks for the link.

The girl with the night stick light sabers looks bad ass!

I might have to get the 360 soon... :|

VA $l!m

slim got a 360.  :mrgreen:

w00t!   :banana:

... & GRAW2

... & a month online

jedifunk

:banana:

yippee!  enjoy!  i think you'll love GRAW2... whats ur gamertag?

guess i'll have to ante up for the online
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

OctopusRider

It costs $$$ to play 360 on line?

jedifunk

yeah, its 50/yr for an xbox live gold membership... but its sooooo worth it.  everything is so smooth and well thought out (never thought i'd say that about a microsoft product ;) ).

even with ps3 online being free, theres no way sony could pull it off... they are not GUI developers, MS is
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

yeah, also the good thing about xbox online is that you can buy as much timeas you want... the year is the best deal, but if you think you'll only be playing for a few weeks at a time, you can just order a month for 7.99 straight from your xboxlive connection.

i only have amonth to start, and probably wont be conrtinuing my memebership this summer, but might pick it back up in the fall, or if some game i want comes around.

its funny when sony heads complain about the xboxlive fee... think about it, basically for the price of 1 game--$50 you get a comprehensive online service for a year. no laggey ass broke down, unmoderated, unserviced, non-connected, individual game servers like Playstation games. basically when sony puts out a game they wash their hands of it, and let the online play go to shit.
this is the main reason i bought a 360. SOCOm the most played of all SOny games, online has become  a complete shit pile. seriously 100000 odd users, and not a single update, fix, patch, or moderator since Combined assaults release.

the fact that xbox has one server not only interconnects your whole online gaming experience, keeping track of your personal stuff accross every game and allowing you to interact with the entire gaming community at the touch of a button...BUT mainly the $$ you pay are there to pay for upkeep and services. Playstation online is free and IT IS OBVIOUS!

i couldnt stand one more night of shooting countless motherfuckers right between the eyeballs over and over again, and them walking right through it only to knick me in my little toe and kill me... let alone the abundance cheats, glitches, and overall disaray of the server-- on their biggest title!!!

end rant... whewwww.

ANYWAY, jedi... after an HOUR(!) of trying every screen name in the book... literally EVERY GDEAD song title, i finally got a name--- I MEAN seriously you wouldnt believe the shit that was already in use: estimatdPROPHET(?!?!). AIko AIko(?!?!?)
so i ended up with:
ShakedownSlim
:lol:
not my 1st 2nd or 50th choice, but oh well i'll take it. :mrgreen:

GRAW2 online is sorta weird so far... not setup like i expected, but i might play alittle... i think co-op campaign with you might be the best-- you might want to consider just grabbin a month membership too(?)

GRAW2 offline is the DOPEST... well you know... sickness.
i think i'm goin to play morecampaign offline tonite.

and i think i'm planning on buying a PS3 still if socom4 ever comes out....... though SONY would be doing themselves a HUGE favor if they followed XBOXlives online model...

HOLLa!