News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Steps to open up to public

Started by tet, July 31, 2006, 09:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

jeez Marmar, that sucks man...  i remember how bummed you were the first time around, and with those matched pair of McIntosh amps...  i'd install a shotgun anti-theft device in the car if i were you -- just hire Dick Cheney to sit in there, armed with a 12 gauge and some Natty Lite. 

Quote from: Marmar on July 31, 2006, 12:53:43 PM
See....this is where we need to take advantage of databases that are already complete......when doing the song pages (the before/after songs) and every time played, etc....this is where IHOZ comes in handy......

but we need to be able to link to those databases, which would really help.  i wonder if IHOZ would be able to do a database dump for our project and we could somehow incorporate that...  there has got to be an easier way to do this!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

Awesome...  1997 is in!  I wonder how easy that one is going to be for you? 8-) :mrgreen:

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

lol, thats probably going to be the hardest, cuz i know the most about it! :roll:
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

sweet, i'll try to get some stuff done tonight after the kid is in bed
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I might be around too.  I plan to master my version of The Horse.  Work a little on some other music, archive some 95s that I'm working on, and do the wiki

disco

I'll get moving on that vid page, and finish the Melt, I agree that the most tedious part, song entries will probably not get done by the public, we may end up doing most of them ourselves. Does a possibility of a linked database for time played exist, or we have only one choice?
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

jephrey

1995 Year page is complete...

It's taking me like 15-20 minutes to do a year page and get it ready to enter stats and such.  All the formatting is in there.  I should be able to get all the years in over the next couple weeks.  After that, we'll have to enter a couple setlists in each year just to get the ball rolling.

A couple more venues and songs and we'll be on our way.

Jephrey

tet

great, thanks for all the time and effort! :banana:
-Phish

tet

ok.  we now have a logo.  it's plain, but i think gets the point across for now.  i futzed with color but just didn't see anything that stuck me.  i have the PSD files if anyone wants to play around.  and a higher res of that black :phish: , which i must admit was "borrowed" from phish.net

let's really try to get some more info pages up on how to add stuff - right now the one page kinda just focuses on one thing. 

i really don't wanna rush us, as we should do it right the first time, but my goal is for wikipaug.net to be open to the public by the end of the year.  i think that's a realistic goal.  almost 4 months to get things in order...  plausible, no? 

this can be a really great addition to the phish community, we're just gonna need to figure out a way to get the word out.  once people discover how open and useful this project is, i think we'll get quite a lot of people contributing work to it.  i hope, at least.   :mrgreen:
-Phish

Marmar

Well....one person to talk to would be caravan2001......

He's got all kinds of shit from the early years.......I got a few buddies I can ask for some stuff as well....and I'll see if my brother has any of his memorabilia layin around that we can use......I know he's still got a few bouncy balls that they tossed from the rafters at the 4-20-91 gig at the U of R......he might have some other treats as well.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

jephrey

That's the tough part...  Opening up is easy.  I'm sure we'll get a boatload of people and also a bunch of newbies at week4paug.net.  However, I doubt that many will really contribute.  I like that we've made a little progress lately, and hope the trend continues.  I'd love to see some ideas on how to handle memorabilia.  Like images of all the tour shirts on a tour page and all kinds of stuff like that.  Maybe even pics of stuff on the details pages for shows that had things like bouncy balls coming from the rafters. 

I think that the end of the year is realistic, but I also think that those of us here will be doing a lot of the work even after.  But yeah, realistic.

J