News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Funny Star Wars Shit

Started by phil, November 10, 2010, 11:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundo

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Lifeboy

you may consider that sick humor, but I consider it fucking hilarious.  :clap:
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

rowjimmy

Def. Funny.
Sick would be giving that to your kid to play with.

Shit like that should remain Mint In Package.

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

ytowndan

Not a funny picture or video, but this certainly qualifies as "Funny Star Wars Shit".

Why the 'Star Wars' Prequels Are Better Than the Original Trilogy

His terrible "argument" completely ignores acting, dialog, and the need for a film to have a cohesive storyline.  Some of the political parallels he addresses are fairly interesting, but it's laughable that he ignores the fact that a terrible film is a terrible film.  I won't quote the entire thing (read it at your own risk, it gets quite political), but the final sentence is hilarious and worth quoting.

QuoteMore people may prefer the original "Star Wars" trilogy, but there is no question that the prequel is a more challenging, illuminating, and superior work of art.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Here's some funny Star Wars shit; this weekend's box office numbers:

Box Office
1.   The Vow   $41.7M
2.   Safe House   $39.3M
3.   Journey 2: The Mysterious Island   $27.6M
4.   Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace   $23M
5.   Chronicle   $12.3M

Fourth place, lol.

phil

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 13, 2012, 08:34:43 AM

Box Office
1.   The Vow   $41.7M
2.   Safe House   $39.3M
5.   Chronicle   $12.3M

Fourth place, lol.

Considering it's the movie's second run, wouldn't that be nearly $23 mil in straight profit?  :shakehead:
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

khalpin

Box Office
1.   The Vow   $41.7M
2.   Safe House   $39.3M
5.   Chronicle   $12.3M

Fourth place, lol.
I brought my 7-yr old son on Friday.  I caught a 20 minute nap in the middle.  The movie sucks but Darth Maul is still pretty kick ass.

twatts

Quote from: ytowndan on February 13, 2012, 01:56:51 AM
Not a funny picture or video, but this certainly qualifies as "Funny Star Wars Shit".

His terrible "argument" completely ignores acting, dialog, and the need for a film to have a cohesive storyline.  Some of the political parallels he addresses are fairly interesting, but it's laughable that he ignores the fact that a terrible film is a terrible film.  I won't quote the entire thing (read it at your own risk, it gets quite political), but the final sentence is hilarious and worth quoting.

QuoteMore people may prefer the original "Star Wars" trilogy, but there is no question that the prequel is a more challenging, illuminating, and superior work of art.

No need to argue with you, people have differing tastes...  But I prefer the prequel to the trilogy...  While I agree the acting in the prequel is terrible (Anakin especially), there is a certain "campy-ness" about the trilogy that makes it comical to me...  To each there own, I suppose...

Then there is this...  http://www.hark.com/clips/mjrdrvyjvv-dont-get-penisy

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

antelope19

I'm probably going to go check out the 3D version.

:ducks:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

This is a good time to mention, for those who've not seen them, the infamous "Mr. Plinkett" Star Wars prequel video reviews.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

Very meticulously done and devastating in their brutality. They are long but worth your time.

Quote from: phil on February 13, 2012, 08:37:16 AM

Box Office
1.   The Vow   $41.7M
2.   Safe House   $39.3M
5.   Chronicle   $12.3M

Fourth place, lol.

Considering it's the movie's second run, wouldn't that be nearly $23 mil in straight profit?  :shakehead:

It may have cost $10MM or more to convert the film to 3D.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Quote from: ytowndan on February 13, 2012, 01:56:51 AM

Hilarious read!
Is this still Wombat?

ph92

Quote from: phil on February 13, 2012, 08:37:16 AM

Box Office
1.   The Vow   $41.7M
2.   Safe House   $39.3M
5.   Chronicle   $12.3M

Fourth place, lol.

Dude bro.... ITS 3D!! DUH!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

jstepan

Λ Σ Δ
to Use your head... you have to go out of your mind... Dr Tim Leary

one day we'll figure out the mathematical formula that describes the universe, then, our whole reality will dissolve and a sign will pop up that says 'level two'.