News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R1/W19: 07-24-1998 Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavilion, Woodlands, TX

Started by jedifunk, September 19, 2006, 12:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

and its only been DL'd twice....

is the show of the week losing its luster?
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

Quote from: jedifunk on September 24, 2006, 12:37:12 PM

mos def.
a

susep

Quote from: jedifunk on September 24, 2006, 12:37:12 PM

honestly I think peeps are burned out on hearing well circulated shows.  For ex. Aug had put this one up on bt a few weeks back and now you decided to pick it as the show of the week.  My point being redunancy usually results in diminished returns.
We all have, for the most part, everything in live Phish.  What does that mean?  It means we should focus on "under the radar" shows, or shows that show development leading up to our most cliche shows. 

jedifunk

i would still consider this one "under the radar"... especially vs. the rest of summer 98, and 98 in general...

just because it was just up on bt isnt a reason not to pick something.

but i do think in general that a bit of the magic of the SOTW has diminished slightly.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

August

personally, i think it was all susep's fault.
he never even seeded his 7-30 show!  :wink:
a

susep

Quote from: august on September 24, 2006, 03:03:54 PM
personally, i think it was all susep's fault.
he never even seeded his 7-30 show!  :wink:
a

:-P
:-D

well even before my week, the numbers were clearly falling :roll:

Hicks

The show of the week club is nothing without me and fauxpaux!   :wink:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.