News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upcoming shows you'll be attending

Started by newplanet7, January 28, 2007, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Grabbed tickets to the War on Drugs this Summer.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

to the surprise of no one here, going to Wheels of Soul 2018 in July at Great Woods
TTB headlining with Marcus King and Drive by Truckers

Anat Cohen at Sanders Theater in March

Joey Alexander at Berklee in May
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

Quote from: slslbs on January 16, 2018, 09:47:59 AM
to the surprise of no one here, going to Wheels of Soul 2018 in July at Great Woods
TTB headlining with Marcus King and Drive by Truckers

Anat Cohen at Sanders Theater in March

Joey Alexander at Berklee in May

Kind of disappointed they're skipping the entire MD/DC/VA market for that tour, but I guess they keep adding Warner Theater dates in dc and selling them out for the winter tour, so maybe that's why? I dunno. I got burned on a couple tickets at the Warner a couple winters ago though when it snowed like 10 inches and they didn't reschedule the show, so I'm hesitant to buy any winter time tix.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sls.stormyrider

that sucks - if the shows were cancelled I would hope they refunded you at least.
The advantage of theater shows, other than the smaller venue,  is sometimes they are 2 set, "evening with"

In the initial announcement they implied that 7/11 and 7/14 were TBA - hopefully they'll add something in your area.
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

Quote from: slslbs on January 16, 2018, 11:22:06 AM
that sucks - if the shows were cancelled I would hope they refunded you at least.
The advantage of theater shows, other than the smaller venue,  is sometimes they are 2 set, "evening with"

In the initial announcement they implied that 7/11 and 7/14 were TBA - hopefully they'll add something in your area.

Nope, no refund. You know they sell "insurance" for tickets? It's like 15 per ticket or something, in case something like that happens, but I've never bought that before. But yeah, I def like the theater shows better anyway, but still last years Wheel of Souls was good....got me into the Wood Brothers, really dug their set.

But yeah, I saw the TBA...thinking they could add on Wolf Trap...they do like the nice venues.

Anyhow, sick upcoming line up for you, with the jazz cats too. Enjoy!

sls.stormyrider

cancelled show and no refund???? that isn't right - hence the name ticket Bastard
I never buy the insurance either

same with me about the Wood Bros, had not heard them before last summer.
Hope they show up in your neck of the woods

thanks!!!

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

gah

Quote from: slslbs on January 16, 2018, 03:22:47 PM
cancelled show and no refund???? that isn't right - hence the name ticket Bastard
I never buy the insurance either

same with me about the Wood Bros, had not heard them before last summer.
Hope they show up in your neck of the woods

thanks!!!

no, no, they DIDN'T cancel the show, despite the snow, but being that it was in DC, it was a 3 hour drive and I couldn't make it, I HOPED they'd cancel and reschedule the show, but they didn't. If I had bought the insurance, I would've gotten it refunded, but I didn't. Didn't want you hating ticketbastard any more than you might already.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

sls.stormyrider

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Quote from: mehead on January 18, 2018, 12:05:58 PM
TTB tomorrow night in Macon
That should be great
Are you going to visit the Big House?

anthrax

anybody seen the wailers lately?  if so, worthwhile??  it's been awhile, but they are playing a few miles down the road on saturday night.

mopper_smurf

For sure:
01/27 Johnny Dowd
02/01 Anvil  :beerbang: :rawk:
02/07 Johnny Dowd
02/08 Johnny Dowd

Maybe:
02/09 Johnny Dowd
02/10 Johnny Dowd
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mehead

Awesome. The Sugaree coming out of Angel From Montgomery was nice. The Whipping Post to close out the set was expected - playing in ABB old stomping grounds.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on January 22, 2018, 07:07:29 PM
anybody seen the wailers lately?  if so, worthwhile??  it's been awhile, but they are playing a few miles down the road on saturday night.

Been years, but you really can't go wrong with people playing those tunes properly.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: mehead on January 23, 2018, 02:06:58 PM

Awesome. The Sugaree coming out of Angel From Montgomery was nice. The Whipping Post to close out the set was expected - playing in ABB old stomping grounds.

it must have been cool to see Derek play Duane's gold top. I saw him play the Sky is Crying, but to wee WP must have been very cool