News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Political Pot Thread

Started by Undermind, October 01, 2012, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

runawayjimbo

2-for-2!!! C'mon, OR, don't fuck this up!!!

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/politicsnorthwest/2012/11/06/marijuana-legalization-takes-commanding-lead/

Voters agree to legalize pot

UPDATE 8:43 p.m.

Washington voters have voted to legalize recreational use of marijuana.

Initiative 502 held a commanding lead in initial vote counts, with overwhelming support in King County, and the measure was passing in other urban Puget Sound counties Pierce, Spokane and other counties.

One ounce of marijuana will be legal as of Dec. 6, and the state will begin a year-long process of creating a closed, tightly regulated and heavily taxed market for recreational marijuana sales at state-licensed retail shops.

Marijuana legalization wasin Colorado, based on initial vote counts.

Neither state measure affects the federal ban on marijuana, creating a conflict that could potentially be resolved in court.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Undermind

QuoteKevin Browning ‏@Soundcaresser
Breaking News: Colorado tourism up by 26%. #grass #legalize
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

runawayjimbo

Aaron Blake ‏@FixAaron
CO Gov. Hickenlooper on weed: "federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug so don't break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly."

tet

fantastic for CO, MA and WA. 

yes, Obama now has a lot more leeway now that he doesn't need to run for reelection again - he may let up, he may not, I see the Fed moving in to cockblock this somehow and it will end up in the Conservative-leaning Supreme Court, which will give in to States' rights here and finally abolish this ridiculous prohibition...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

runawayjimbo

Quote from: tet on November 07, 2012, 12:03:49 AM
fantastic for CO, MA and WA. 

yes, Obama now has a lot more leeway now that he doesn't need to run for reelection again - he may let up, he may not, I see the Fed moving in to cockblock this somehow and it will end up in the Conservative-leaning Supreme Court, which will give in to States' rights here and finally abolish this ridiculous prohibition...

Yeah, but the conservative justices aren't always as constructionist as they often let on (shocking!) when it comes to marijuana: Scalia, the supposed original Originalist, and Kennedy both voted for more expansive federal powers re marijuana enforcement in Gonzales v. Raich. I'd hope they respect the 10th Amendment, but I wouldn't be surprised if Scalia, Alito, and Roberts all voted for federal supremacy.

fastfingers12

That's a hundred nineteen to you and me

VDB

Quote from: runawayjimbo on November 06, 2012, 11:59:57 PM
Aaron Blake ‏@FixAaron
CO Gov. Hickenlooper on weed: "federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug so don't break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly."

I just saw that quote. What a jackass.

You'd think someone who came from the brewing industry wouldn't be so uptight.
Is this still Wombat?

whatapiper

Sweet!! We approve by 10 points!!! And we approved same sex marriage!!!

Break out the cheetos and goldfish!!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Hicks

::hangs head in shame as an Oregonian::

So uh, do I get to pop over the border to WA or what?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Hicks on November 07, 2012, 10:19:02 AM
::hangs head in shame as an Oregonian::

So uh, do I get to pop over the border to WA or what?

I'll admit I know very little about the details of these props, but it looked like the Oregon prop was a no-limits free-for-all while WA and CO had "up to 1 oz" and seemed more reasonable to those on the fence.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

So do you Washingtonians and Coloradians think these props/amends are going to bring a lot of heat from the feds to shutdown/intervene with these?

VDB

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 07, 2012, 10:35:47 AM
So do you Washingtonians and Coloradians think these props/amends are going to bring a lot of heat from the feds to shutdown/intervene with these?

Call me naive, but I welcome the showdown as I think it'll force a larger dialog and conclusion that I think is inevitable.
Is this still Wombat?

Pholy M. Pia

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on November 07, 2012, 10:57:55 AM

Call me naive, but I welcome the showdown as I think it'll force a larger dialog and conclusion that I think is inevitable.
I agree, but I think the presence of the medical marijuana trade is an indicator here. Yes, there has been interference from the Feds, but mostly directed at the organizations that were, frankly, blatantly overdoing it. There remains a booming new economy building.
"Be in your own movie." - Ken Kesey

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Pholy M. Pia on November 07, 2012, 11:28:30 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on November 07, 2012, 10:57:55 AM

I agree, but I think the presence of the medical marijuana trade is an indicator here. Yes, there has been interference from the Feds, but mostly directed at the organizations that were, frankly, blatantly overdoing it. There remains a booming new old underground economy building finally coming out from the shadows into the light.

fyp
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul