News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-10-14 North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, SC

Started by Gumbo72203, October 15, 2016, 07:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

SET 1: Petrichor[1], Ghost, Heavy Things, Home[2], Poor Heart, Bathtub Gin, 555, Horn, More[2]   

SET 2: No Men In No Man's Land > Down with Disease -> Cities[3] > Roggae > Twenty Years Later > Light > Free > Boogie On Reggae Woman > Harry Hood   

ENCORE: Winterqueen, Tube > Rocky Top   
[1] Phish debut.
[2] Debut.
[3] Trey on Marimba Lumina.
This show featured the Phish debut of Petrichor and the debuts of Home and More. Cities featured Trey on Marimba Lumina.

Because I want to talk about this show now!

Only have a quick minute before I head to work, but the LivePhish clip of Petrichor sounds suuuuuper promising!  Page has some trouble hitting some of the notes in Home, but that's okay. 

I caught Gin and some of the 2nd set through the pocket stream.  Don't sleep on the 12 minute Disease....  about 8 minutes in or so, things get NASTY.  The crowd starts up a Woo section and the band brings the beat back after stopping.  Reminded me a lot of the 12/30/12 version from MSG that got super evil.  The No Men's Land was also REALLY really good; Trey's playing during the last 3-4 minutes of the jam was especially youthful-sounding. 

Letsgo!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mistercharlie

Usually the first post in a Post-Show discussion contains the setlist for said show.  :police:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ph92

Haha

Petrichor is a cool sounding song. But it was kind of a a slow opener. For the first song of the tour I was was hoping they'd rage.

The energythe first was kinda like a roller coaster,  up-and-down. the ghost was a little subpar but the gin took it. I would have to say that was set one l highlight for me.

but set two...holy motherfucking fuck. I had a smile on my face ear-to-ear almost the entire set. the only thing I was a little bummed about was 20 years later. all in on that second set was probably the best set I've ever seen. that boogiejust would not quit and I was loving every minute of it. The cities was raging too. That second set was raging end to end. My legs are jelly today.

I love this band. They make me happy.

I ran into antelope and GAH early first set, they got me on the floor and we raged that shit right. Dead center first set. Neely's got pics.

Also the acoustics were weird, Mike as almost nowhere to be found in the mix. The marimba had like 20x more kick than Mike, it was odd.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Make America Melt Again!

DoW

worst thread ever.  Gumbo may never come back so here is the setlist.

North Charleston , SC   

SET 1: Petrichor[1], Ghost, Heavy Things, Home[2], Poor Heart, Bathtub Gin, 555, Horn, More[2]   

SET 2: No Men In No Man's Land > Down with Disease -> Cities[3] > Roggae > Twenty Years Later > Light > Free > Boogie On Reggae Woman > Harry Hood   

[1] Phish debut.
[2] Debut.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mistercharlie

Quote from: DoW on October 15, 2016, 12:45:57 PM
Gumbo may never come back so here is the setlist.

He might open the thread again in two or thee years when he gets a raging Gumbo-ner for the NMINML>DWD->Cities segment.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ph92

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 15, 2016, 01:34:38 PM
Gumbo may never come back so here is the setlist.

He might open the thread again in two or thee years when he gets a raging Gumbo-ner for the NMINML>DWD->Cities segment.
My face was on the floor for that!
Make America Melt Again!

Gumbo72203

North Charleston , SC   

[1] Phish debut.
[2] Debut.

My setlist is better.  Phish.net wasn't working when I made the thread this morning!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

DoW

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 15, 2016, 01:45:39 PM

North Charleston , SC   

[1] Phish debut.
[2] Debut.

My setlist is better.  Phish.net wasn't working when I made the thread this morning!
I'm glad yours was better.  I was just posting for those that didn't listen to a pocket stream.
your thread was like having a book club without naming the book.  you'd thrive in that situation, but others may get confused.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

khalpin

Quote from: DoW on October 15, 2016, 01:52:46 PM
your thread was like having a book club without naming the book.  you'd thrive in that situation, but others may get confused.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

August

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Make America Melt Again!

rowjimmy

Quote from: August on October 15, 2016, 04:31:58 PM
Did they have the screens last night?

Yes. Supposedly Kuroda & Co did a bunch of programming to improve their integration with the other lights.

Enjoyed first set a lot and second has been pretty good so far.
Strong opener.