News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-12-30 Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

Started by Gundo, December 30, 2016, 11:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

The Sparks was a given  :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: w/o even mentioning I figured ;)

Dave - it's funny, I didn't even know you were chasing sparks... but during it I totally turned to Crazy Dave and said 'If rational Dave was here right now, he'd be loving this!"
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

Listening to the mountain jam groove in ghost over breakfast bloody Mary's  :rockout: :banana: :rockout:

pcr3

Last night was fucking awesome. So glad I made the trip down. The trip home is thus far painful, but worth it completely. I still love this band.

SPARKS!!!!!
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

anthrax

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 31, 2016, 11:03:55 AM
Quote from: anthrax on December 31, 2016, 10:41:55 AM
there's quite a discussion going on between timer and the phish.net people on what to do with these "song jams" they've been doing...the 12/28 tweezer reprise, the 12/29 kung, and last night's party time.  if you ask me, that was a Party Time and should be labeled as such on setlists.

IMO, it's definitely Tweezer Reprise (with Martian Monster lyrics), 20 Years Later > Kung (chanted over 20 Years Later Outro)

Agreed!  It seems so simple.  Duh.

rowjimmy

Quote from: anthrax on December 31, 2016, 12:32:14 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 31, 2016, 11:03:55 AM
Quote from: anthrax on December 31, 2016, 10:41:55 AM
there's quite a discussion going on between timer and the phish.net people on what to do with these "song jams" they've been doing...the 12/28 tweezer reprise, the 12/29 kung, and last night's party time.  if you ask me, that was a Party Time and should be labeled as such on setlists.

IMO, it's definitely Tweezer Reprise (with Martian Monster lyrics), 20 Years Later > Kung (chanted over 20 Years Later Outro)

Agreed!  It seems so simple.  Duh.
And it's definitely Party Time.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 31, 2016, 11:56:34 AM
The Sparks was a given  :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: w/o even mentioning I figured ;)

Dave - it's funny, I didn't even know you were chasing sparks... but during it I totally turned to Crazy Dave and said 'If rational Dave was here right now, he'd be loving this!"

Wen texted me and I freaked the fuck out.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Although they basically played party time..... that was not exxaaccttlly party time. Fishman wasn't doing the signature drum beat and Trey didn't really do the verse/melody guitar lines (IIRC) - then again, I was high so...
Bring in the dude!

Gundo

Yeah it wasn't really a Party Time proper. More of a Light Jam with Party Time lyrics

rowjimmy

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 31, 2016, 01:46:01 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 31, 2016, 11:56:34 AM

Wen texted me and I freaked the fuck out.

I freaked out when I saw it pop up on the set list and sorta interrupted the game that we were playing.
They didn't understand at all.
N00bs.

Caravan2001

Then music and lyrics are Party Time, just missing a part and different beat. But not Light with PArty Time lyrics.  They def go into it.

Also, someone I was with was getting the official Phish from the road set list on their phone and when they started My friend my friend the dopes put Guyute lol. I mean really, that's pretty bad.

mbw

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 31, 2016, 04:04:57 PM
Then music and lyrics are Party Time, just missing a part and different beat. But not Light with PArty Time lyrics.  They def go into it.

Also, someone I was with was getting the official Phish from the road set list on their phone and when they started My friend my friend the dopes put Guyute lol. I mean really, that's pretty bad.

Well, the two songs were written together, and are similar sounding, so its not that much of a fuck up, but yeah.

cactusfan

I haven't been too excited by the tracks I've checked out from the 28th and 29th, but Tweezer through Party Time is dynamite.

runawayjimbo

Yes, I understand this is not exactly a scientific poll, but I still LOL'd.

And yes, that second set was quite enjoyable.

ETA:
Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 31, 2016, 04:04:57 PM

This happens more often than you would think. There's a couple other songs they goof on the reg (although I can't recall any right now), but the MFMF/Guyute mixup is almost automatic at this point.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Gundo

That's so weird. I thought I was the only one. Wasn't really paying attention when they were in My Friend My Friend and thought it was Guyute. Had to sit there for a moment staring off into space until I realized what it actually was

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 02, 2017, 08:08:03 PM
Yes, I understand this is not exactly a scientific poll, but I still LOL'd.

And yes, that second set was quite enjoyable.

That is pretty hilarious. Even I was extremely enthusiastic about 12/30 but...  I'm uh... not sure it edges out NYE95  :shakehead: yikes.
Bring in the dude!