News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gabby Giffords resigning

Started by sls.stormyrider, January 22, 2012, 02:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

QuoteRep. Giffords to resign from Congress this week
By David Espo
AP Special Correspondent / January 22, 2012

WASHINGTON—Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona says on her Facebook page she intends to resign from Congress this week to concentrate on recovering from wounds suffered in an assassination attempt a little more than a year ago.

According to officials in Washington, her resignation is expected to take effect on Monday.

The Democratic congresswoman was shot in the head last January as she was meeting with constituents outside a supermarket in Tucson, Ariz. While her recovery has seemed remarkable, she says on Facebook she has more work to do to recover, and it is best from her state if she resigns her seat in the House.

Her shooting prompted an agonizing national debate about super-charged rhetoric in political campaigns.

wishing her all the best.
tough, tough woman
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Guyute

I loved seeing her at the State of the Union.  You could see how happy she was to  be there.  Very courageous woman.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.