News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

DAMNIT... I wanted Help>Slip>Frank's Tower (I don't know if I've heard Born Cross Eyed but, since its bolded I assume it rages)

Good shit though.

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

sophist

Born Cross Eyed is the shit. 

That second set looks hot as hell.  I bet JJ woke up this morning in a puddle of his own face. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

justjezmund

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 16, 2010, 11:41:52 PM
::SF patiently taps keyboard while waiting for a heady JJ review::

Last night kinda sucked at first. 

I didn't get out of work till late and I didn't get inside till the middle of greatest story.

before and after Reading was a mad house.  5-0, k-9, bike cops in parking lots, shit was bonkers so i didn;t even stick around at all.

Anyway, even though i was late the first set action i saw was real cool especially hearing beatles tunes.  I love abbey road so come together was a treat.

More beers were had and some dope dank and then lights for playin came down.   :banana: went into some new tune (wasnt bad just more meh)

but from the wheel on out  :crazy: I usually don't really dance for anything other than phish, i broke out some moves though last night.  Especially during uncle johns>let it grow :clap:coolest shit of the night.  I think even a few of my phish moves broke out too. :roll: 

then oh what's that?  doing time, for some other fuckers time :banana: 

what next? some help, sure why not.  help>slipknot>franklins is one of my favorite segue segments in music and with the addition of born crosseyed it was money.

and i couldn't believe it, nobody sticks around for encores.  place got even more barren than it already was after franklins.  JOHNNY B GOODE :crazy:

fucking awesome.  I look around and i swear there are about 200 people left inside.  dumb. 

I had a blast at something that wasn't phish, I almost didn't believe it myself. 

Then off to my buds studio for some free gas with bong action. 

Good night.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

sophist

You didn't like the first set?  Interesting.  Do you consider yourself a deadhead JJ? 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Buffalo Budd

Thanks for the review JJ, sounds like a dandy of show, look forward to hearing it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

qop24

Quote from: sophist on November 17, 2010, 08:50:51 AM
You didn't like the first set?  Interesting.  Do you consider yourself a deadhead JJ?

I think the fact that he only made it in for the last 2.5 songs was the reason that the beginning of the night sucked
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

Superfreakie

I don't think he said the first set sucked. He simply was stating that the beginning of his night sucked ie. arriving late, cops, ect... then he goes on to say:

Quote from: JustJezmund on November 17, 2010, 08:42:18 AM
Anyway, even though i was late the first set action i saw was real cool especially hearing beatles tunes.  I love abbey road so come together was a treat.

ENGLISH PEOPLE, DO YOU READ IT.  :evil:

Glad you had a nice time JJ!!!!! :rawk:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

thatfargone

Do you consider yourself a deadhead JJ?

LOL! So ya gotta be a deadhead to enjoy this band? Makes all the sense I the world now.

Also serious lols at the custy ass crowd leaving before encore...gotta love PA! :rawk:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

sophist

Quote from: thatfargone on November 17, 2010, 09:48:35 AM
  Do you consider yourself a deadhead JJ?

LOL! So ya gotta be a deadhead to enjoy this band? Makes all the sense I the world now.

Also serious lols at the custy ass crowd leaving before encore...gotta love PA! :rawk:
No, you don't have to be a deadhead to enjoy Furthur.  I'm just curious because he described some of it as "meh."  That's why I ask.  Also, you're trolling the thread here.  I know you got better things to do than sitting around hating on a band. 
Quote from: Superfreakie on November 17, 2010, 09:15:34 AM
I don't think he said the first set sucked. He simply was stating that the beginning of his night sucked ie. arriving late, cops, ect... then he goes on to say:

Quote from: JustJezmund on November 17, 2010, 08:42:18 AM

ENGLISH PEOPLE, DO YOU READ IT.  :evil:

Glad you had a nice time JJ!!!!! :rawk:
I read his post, he describes some of it as "meh,"  which is why I asked him about the first set, but I see my skimming skills suck as I just reread his post. 

thatfargone

Lol, how many posts would you actually have if we removed all your hate sophist? It's kinda funny we can hate on Phish here but Dead bands are untouchable. :roll:

And I am trolling I guess. Hard to tell sometimes since their is so much fluffing in here. :evil:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

phil

Quote from: thatfargone on November 17, 2010, 10:14:59 AM
Lol, how many posts would you actually have if we removed all your hate sophist? It's kinda funny we can hate on Phish here but Dead bands are untouchable. :roll:

Those guys are, like, gods. Trey's just a drughead. :roll: :wink:
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mattstick

Buffalo Budd

Maybe the difference is Bob and Phil are 63 and 70 respectively and are playing at or above their capability so they deserve a bit of praise.  While Phish in their mid 40's, although playing well and have some great shows here and there, are not quite reaching that level that some feel they should.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sophist

Quote from: thatfargone on November 17, 2010, 10:14:59 AM
:beers:Lol, how many posts would you actually have if we removed all your hate sophist? It's kinda funny we can hate on Phish here but Dead bands are untouchable. :roll:

And I am trolling I guess. Hard to tell sometimes since their is so much fluffing in here. :evil:
89-91%.  I joined in '05, so considering that they've only been back 20 months, the vast majority of my posts are non 3.0 hate.  I'm not saying they are untouchable.  It's one thing if you were actually listening to these shows and critiquing the specifics of it (which is what I do with 3.0) and it's another just to post blatant platitudes that contribute nothing.  You want to hate, knock yourself out, but give me something specific that shows you at least made the effort to listen to them.   

Buffalo Budd

I just don't get why you (TFG) even bother posting in a thread about a band you obviously hate so much.  When others rip on Phish, they usually have at least listened to the show and like the band to certain degree (or have hopes they will get better in the future).