News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug Parents!

Started by newplanet7, June 10, 2007, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

We're due ANY day now....stay tuned, and thanks for the advice!

nab

Quote from: caravan2001 on June 11, 2007, 08:14:50 PM

:beers: :clap:

Future Congrats

My best advice for the new person is the patented B+B+B method.  We are using breast feeding so our B+B+B stands for Bath+Boob+Bed (it could alternately be bath, bottle, bed).  By setting aside a certain time every day as bed time and repeating this process at that exact time every day (bed time) we made a transition into a set routine within 3 weeks of being born.  The time before that was just a blur.  Welcome to the Jungle.

susep

best wishes to you and yours homeslice. :beers:

Hicks

I've been wondering about that, good luck with the delivery and let us know when the bundle of joy arrives!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jedifunk

wow!  welcome to the pauger-parents support group!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

shoreline99

4 kids, 2 parents = utter chaos. and we love it ;)
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Guyute

Had completely forgotten to mention the giving choices, that is huge, you're right.

Also, routine, routine, routine.  Bed, same time every night.  Same routine to go to bed, same thing for nap.  If they try to break it perceiver. 

I do need to say there is something we have done since both kids were only a few month old and it has paid off, we read to them every night before bed.  My 6 year old is by far the best reader in his class and my 3 year old recognizes words and letters and can spell everyone's name in the family.  It was suggested to me by my old landlord, figured with his "dumb" kid getting a 1520 on the SAT's he must be doing something right.

As for the little devil, its a girl thing.  My 3 year old girl is a terror, but we love her and she is so cute.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

rowjimmy

Quote from: shoreline99 on June 11, 2007, 11:08:18 PM
4 kids, 2 parents = utter chaos. and we love it ;)

Wow.

I have two, Althea (11 this month) and Piper (3.5). I don't think we're done, yet.
Might as well, I'm already outnumbered.

sophist

congrats man. 

BTW, RJ when I have kids and if one is a daughter, I had planned to name her Althea. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

how exciting.
enjoy all the hectic moments...

you'll look back and laugh later...

:beers: healthy and happy... all 3 of you.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Caravan2001

Thanks all for the well wishes.  The actual due date is Sunday (Father's Day), but it doesn't seem like she (yes, a girl) will wait that long.  We are having a homebirth, so at least I'll be able to keep logging on to the 'paug during labor!  Just kidding (about the 'paug, not the homebirth....)  I'll post some pics when she joins the planet....could be today, could be next week.

gimmetela

yes, i like this thread.

as you know, i have gabriel (age 3).  as far as needing to be held, g went thru that at about 2-3 months, and as much as I am a loving mother, sometimes there was just shit that needed to be done around the house, whatever...there was a lot of me making sure he was in a safe spot (in his crib, on the floor on a blanket with toys) and letting him "cry it out" while i took a walk up the street, sat outside, got on the phone....grasped at sanity while hopefully not pulling my hair out at the roots.  and i still use this tactic to this day.  just remember, crying is your baby's only way of communicating, and sometimes they are just having a shitty baby day, and that's how they can express that emotion.  now if gabriel freaks on me (over what I perceive to be something trivial, but it's a BIG DEAL to him, and i need to remember i have no right to trivialize his feelings) i hug him and tell him that it's okay to "cry it out" and when he gets done, he usually looks at me and says, "okay mama, i'm done crying."  and (poof) it's over,  the stress is gone, he's worked through his stuff and we can move forward.

as far as acting up in public, crying in restaurants, i say nip that shit in the bud immediately.  there is a time and place for everything.  if g starts to lose it in a restaurant, we immediately go outside until he can calm down, and there has only been one occasion where i have had to cancel my order and leave.  I CANNOT STAND IT WHEN PARENTS LET THEIR CHILDREN SCREAM IN A RESTAURANT.  if i can't do it, some kid shouldn't be able to do it.  :wink:

i do reason a lot more with my son now that he can understand my reasoning.  he's a bright kid, and he understands what's right, when it's given to him in a clear concise way.  i am constantly amazed at him, and while i don't overinflate his ego, i definitely let him know how special and brilliant he is...

***caravan, CONGRATS, a father's day delivery would be perfect, eh?  good luck with the homebirth, and i hope for an easy labor, and a speedy delivery, definitely get some pics up... :clap:

Guyute

Quote from: caravan2001 on June 12, 2007, 10:31:00 AM
Thanks all for the well wishes.  The actual due date is Sunday (Father's Day), but it doesn't seem like she (yes, a girl) will wait that long.  We are having a homebirth, so at least I'll be able to keep logging on to the 'paug during labor!  Just kidding (about the 'paug, not the homebirth....)  I'll post some pics when she joins the planet....could be today, could be next week.

That's awesome,congratulations, its so much fun.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

gimmetela

I am having a really hard time potty training Gabriel.  any tips?

i am soooo tired of diapers, and i just envision him being 15 on his date and me waiting in the parking lot to change him halfway through the movie...   :|

Hicks

I potty trained my sister, but boys are a pain in the ace.  Just try and reason with him, diapers are for babies and he's not a baby right?  If you can convince him that it's "cool" to use the potty that can be a great help.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.