News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018/10/26-28 Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL

Started by anthrax, May 15, 2018, 08:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

Quote from: Bobafett on October 27, 2018, 07:54:49 PM
Howling wolf preshow music.  I'm section 114, dead center in brokedown podcast shirt.

Solid wardrobe choice
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 27, 2018, 10:30:51 PM
STASH Opener!  :crazy:
so jealy right now.

Phenomenal looking first. Hope it sounds as good as it looks.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 27, 2018, 10:50:43 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on October 27, 2018, 10:30:51 PM
STASH Opener!  :crazy:
so jealy right now.

Phenomenal looking first. Hope it sounds as good as it looks.
havent seen list but now Moma 2nd set opener,,damn this run!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

antelope19

Tonight's first set looks cringeworthy on paper.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mbw

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mbw

ph92

Quote from: mbw on October 28, 2018, 10:47:56 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on October 28, 2018, 10:41:18 PM
Tonight's first set looks cringeworthy on paper.

It sucked.
Had 2 highlights. They jammed tube. And everything's right got a little exploratory. Otherwise everything else sucked.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

gah

bipolar phish. first set looked like crap. second looks much more appealing. what say the gentlemen, and I use that term loosely, in attendance?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

aphineday

Quote from: gah on October 29, 2018, 09:52:52 AM
bipolar phish. first set looked like crap. second looks much more appealing. what say the gentlemen, and I use that term loosely, in attendance?
Lol!
Second set was the goods. I don't have a complaint really, it was an outright smoker. Also, I've somehow caught No Quarter live 3 times. Not complaining at all, just random and cool.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mbw

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on September 14, 2018, 05:28:58 PM
Comin out for the run gang, looking forward to MBW acting like im not there  :beers:

Didn't even have to act.

anthrax

Quote from: gah on October 29, 2018, 09:52:52 AM

the hometown phish weekend is easily the best weekend of the year.  nothing even comes close, and thankfully for us, it's been a regular occurrence. 

we went hard on friday, and we were primed and ready for the band to take the stage.  in my opinion, every song and every jam was perfectly placed for where my head was at.  i couldn't have asked for anything more.  if everyone could have an experience like that every 6 months, the world we be a much better place.

saturday, was more of a drunken, rocker, bro giving high fives, show.  it was crowded.  we were up high in the 200s, and we obliged with the drunken rocker theme.

a lot of people had very high hopes for sunday.  i blame friday for that.  and you could certainly hear the groans during the first set.  not the best song selection.  i get it.  but i did a great job of enjoying it.  this was most likely my last phish show until summer, we had dead center seats, so i just enjoyed the entire production.  i could watch those lights for any song.  petrichor was nice.  tube was great.  but not the way i would draw up a setlist.  the second set was a beautifully played set, but the first set seemed to suck some of the energy out of the room, and they weren't ever able to get it back.  towards the end of the night, with each song they played i could feel them slipping away.  shade was nice, but it took up valuable real estate.  same could be said for plasma and character zero (both great versions, don't get me wrong.)  but before i knew it, it was all over and those lovable dudes headed off 1,800 miles down the road.

two 3-night runs is not enough for me in a calendar year.  i need to see more phish.