News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Phish Album - Fuego

Started by rowjimmy, May 14, 2014, 11:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

antelope19

Sorry, I'm in a reflective mood today finally after having my head fully scrambled last Sunday night at MPP.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the new material and they seem to have figured out where alot of these songs should be placed in both sets.  I was amazed at how well the new material was received at SPAC.  It reminded me of how dumbfounded I was at Hampton in 2003 for the "Reunion shows"after the release of Round Room.  Only that time, I hadn't really listened to the new material.  People then and now were singing along and super pumped that they were playing the new material.  I do not remember the Joy material being this well received and I think people are more excited for a Fuego or Devotion to a Dream these days, than they are a Kill Devil Falls or Stealing Time.

TTE'd?

But seriously, I couldn't be more excited to see what the future holds for this band.  I love that this new material seems to have inspired the band to push themselves again.  They're trying new things, re-inventing some of the old, and really, truly seem to be having alot of fun up there on stage each night.     
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

runawayjimbo

Anyone? RJ? Birdman? Pie? You want to field this one?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

antelope19

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

PIE-GUY

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 01, 2014, 10:37:42 AM
Anyone? RJ? Birdman? Pie? You want to field this one?

It's implied.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

cough cough

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 31, 2014, 06:23:48 PM
New material that is actually resonating well with the fans, and material that they dont mind hearing live.
At MPP in the pav I noticed people piss breaking during 555 and def less walking out during fuego. People are already making lot shirts and "wingsuit" condoms and its the first tour after the new album. Think more of the fan base is accepting this album a lot better than Joy.

was in the 7/30 discussion thread but yeah agreed.

blatboom

Quote from: antelope19 on August 01, 2014, 10:21:21 AM
Sorry, I'm in a reflective mood today finally after having my head fully scrambled last Sunday night at MPP.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the new material and they seem to have figured out where alot of these songs should be placed in both sets.  I was amazed at how well the new material was received at SPAC.  It reminded me of how dumbfounded I was at Hampton in 2003 for the "Reunion shows"after the release of Round Room.  Only that time, I hadn't really listened to the new material.  People then and now were singing along and super pumped that they were playing the new material.  I do not remember the Joy material being this well received and I think people are more excited for a Fuego or Devotion to a Dream these days, than they are a Kill Devil Falls or Stealing Time.

TTE'd?

But seriously, I couldn't be more excited to see what the future holds for this band.  I love that this new material seems to have inspired the band to push themselves again.  They're trying new things, re-inventing some of the old, and really, truly seem to be having alot of fun up there on stage each night.   

I'll have what he's having

blatboom

Nedstruzz

How much of it do you think has to do with the fact that Trey has been fairly vocal about the fact that the fans just aren't "getting it" and it"pissing them off".  Do you think maybe fans are being a little more accepting to the fact that being creative and producing hot jams is difficult after 30+ years and maybe they should be grateful that there is even a summer tour and new material to be heard? 

rowjimmy

gah

wtf is going on in here? what are you talking about?

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Nedstruzz on September 11, 2014, 04:51:28 PM
How much of it do you think has to do with the fact that Trey has been fairly vocal about the fact that the fans just aren't "getting it" and it"pissing them off".  Do you think maybe fans are being a little more accepting to the fact that being creative and producing hot jams is difficult after 30+ years and maybe they should be grateful that there is even a summer tour and new material to be heard?

I can see what you're saying.  Not sure I agree, but maybe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 12, 2014, 11:37:48 PM
Quote from: Nedstruzz on September 11, 2014, 04:51:28 PM

I can see what you're saying.  Not sure I agree, but maybe.

You wanna let us in on it?