News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The RUMOR MILL THREAD for **ALL RUMORS** [individual threads will be deleted]

Started by redrum, November 29, 2008, 09:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 20, 2019, 09:12:39 PM
Y'all heard about this rumored show at the Apollo in NYC? Day after Nassau -  Apparently it would only be open to SiriusXM subscribers through some lottery thing?

The Apollo is ridiculously small....

1,500 seat room
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 20, 2019, 09:16:25 PM
Y'all heard about this rumored show at the Apollo in NYC? Day after Nassau -  Apparently it would only be open to SiriusXM subscribers through some lottery thing?

1,500 seat room

So... by Phish standards, insanely small.
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Would not surprise me. Sirius has done at least a half dozen special concerts at the Apollo over the years. Most are with bands or artists who have their own channel.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 20, 2019, 09:20:17 PM

Would not surprise me. Sirius has done at least a half dozen special concerts at the Apollo over the years. Most are with bands or artists who have their own channel.

Interesting, I didn't know that...
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

damn. that would be pretty wild.

**looks at subscribing to sirius**

tet

i'm just a little pissed if they do it because I used to live literally 2.5 blocks from the Apollo, and it would've been a 5 minute walk to get to the show.  I mean, couldn't they have done this shit like 6 years ago??  I used to have to travel at least 20 minutes to get to a show at MSG on the A-train, so this would've been a welcome relief from that unbearable trek each New Years...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

Nedstruzz

Hey all,  Been a while since I've been on but getting some good intel from the Philly Live Nation crew that Phish has moved the Apollo date to The Met in Philly on December 3 and that they are in strong talks for two nights Hershey and three nights AC in early August.  That's a long way off so wouldn't be surprised if it changes but wanted to share the news.  Hope all are well.

emay

tet

Quote from: VDB on August 21, 2019, 05:39:59 PM
You used to have a 20-minute commute to get to MSG NYE? Woe.
yeah - had to ensure a 3 minute walk to the subway, then 2 stops (59th and 42nd) before finally getting to Penn Station.  what a fucking trek from the A up to MSG - at least 4 minutes and a few flights of stairs. 
-Phish

emay

Quote from: tet on September 13, 2019, 04:07:31 PM
yeah - had to ensure a 3 minute walk to the subway, then 2 stops (59th and 42nd) before finally getting to Penn Station.  what a fucking trek from the A up to MSG - at least 4 minutes and a few flights of stairs.

imagine running that commute, what a nightmare.

tet

Quote from: emay on September 13, 2019, 04:11:06 PM
Quote from: tet on September 13, 2019, 04:07:31 PM

imagine running that commute, what a nightmare.
well doing it during any normal hour would mean 40 minutes of waiting for a train that isn't stuffed like a sardine can, and delays at each stop while all the ants are marching in and out...
-Phish

emay

mistercharlie

Fuck no... You can still play Deer Creek into September and October.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.