News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/06 - The Gorge - George, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, August 07, 2011, 02:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 08, 2011, 01:27:24 PM
This antelope is  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

ser.  trey so flawlessly weaves in and out of songs to kick it off.
why the fuck cant he do that with his segs?

kellerb

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 08, 2011, 01:34:00 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 08, 2011, 01:27:24 PM
This antelope is  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

ser.  trey so flawlessly weaves in and out of songs to kick it off.
why the fuck cant he do that with his segs?

Somebody needs to sneak up to his songlist and write "(Tease)" next to each song, and see what happens.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 07, 2011, 02:55:18 AM
Phish
08/06/2011
The Gorge,
George, Washington

SET 1: Possum, The Moma Dance > Sample in a Jar > Limb By Limb, Ocelot, Poor Heart, On Your Way Down, Wolfman's
           Brother#>Maze, Wilson, Fluffhead

SET 2: Chalkdust Torture>Tweezer>Caspian>Sand>Tweezer>Birds of a Feather, Waste, Golden Age, REBA>Antelope*

ENCORE: Suzy Greenberg>Sanity>Tweeprise

# Heartbreaker Jam
* With Whistling intro from Reba, also treased Sand and Tweezer in intro. Also had Golden Age trease in body.

Another good show, imo.   

the setlist got super 3.0'd (felt like I'd heard variations of that first set so many times) but the playing was solid.

Sand jam was great and my easily one of my favorite seen Antelopes!
Bring in the dude!

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sMILEy

Looks great on paper, looking forward to hearing it now!!!

Poster Nutbag

Had so much fun at these shows!! Total rage fest for me. Lot scene was kickin` for the most part.

This Reba, and Antelope are raging with energy... Trey sounded really solid.
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Gumbo72203

just listened to the Sand beginning via youtube.... i am SOOOO happy that they didn't abort.  The akward start makes it all the more special because they persevered and pushed their way through it.  They had to WORK at it.

and this makes me think that this Sand will be huge, because its like a hot bratty bitch: When she has to work at it to get you in bed, you know its a rager.

Trey is being very patient, despite whaling the fuck out of this....  its really good.  He's all over the whammy pedal, but thankfully his playing is very thematic and focused it seems.  He's digging themes and patterns, not just splooging across the fretboard.  OH MAN PAGEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!   YEAHHHH!!!!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

omg I am so pissed i missed this Sand.  HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Trey in full force.  HAAA  and the --> into Tweezer!!!!!!!    I think they had the momentum with Pay Jorgan to battle into the most epic Phish jam of the last 10 years here, though.... rather than slow it down. 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 09, 2011, 09:02:39 AM
They screwed up this song and that's why it's special because, after they screwed it up they played it the way it was written!
FYP!

j/k

I listened to the Tweezer sequence the other day via the LivePhish app and it was ok.
It did not exceed 3.0'd expectations.

No doubt that this would have been fun to attend, though.

Gumbo72203

I don't like the way it feels when you put words in my fingers. 

rowjimmy

thatfargone

I just don't get it anymore.  We went because we just got settled in somewhat at the new house and figured it would be pretty stupid to miss even a bad show at the Gorge since we had never made it before.

Wolfman's was good but am I the only one that has had enough of Zeppelin???  Rover, 10-30, No Quarter, Heartbreaker...ugh.

Granted Reba>Lope was fun, but again...teases just seem like lazy fan service at this point.

Oh and the lawn was a graveyard....the sides were empty and many people were laying or sitting all night.  Many disinterested people around.  I know this is the laid back west coast but still, very, very quiet crowd except for up front. 

Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

Caravan2001

Quote from: thatfargone on August 09, 2011, 09:02:52 PM
I just don't get it anymore.  We went because we just got settled in somewhat at the new house and figured it would be pretty stupid to miss even a bad show at the Gorge since we had never made it before.

Wolfman's was good but am I the only one that has had enough of Zeppelin???  Rover, 10-30, No Quarter, Heartbreaker...ugh.

Granted Reba>Lope was fun, but again...teases just seem like lazy fan service at this point.

Oh and the lawn was a graveyard....the sides were empty and many people were laying or sitting all night.  Many disinterested people around.  I know this is the laid back west coast but still, very, very quiet crowd except for up front. 

Lawn, lol.....this was a GA show and the floor had a ton of space....

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged