News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bands you have seen, but wish you hadn't

Started by Caravan2001, September 21, 2007, 08:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khanti

I respectfully retracted the comment. Let it go.

Though this is the first I've heard about Bill, and I'm supremely disappointed. Violence toward women is a despicable act.
QuoteThose Smallmouth are great on a flyrod. They're not all finicky like Trout. Trout are English and Bass are Polish.
-Greg Brown "Eugene"

rowjimmy

No hard feelings or personal negativity.. I was just curious if that had come up.

Back on topic:

They were on HORDE... yuk
I didn't watch the whole set though, so I can say the pain was unduly extended.

sls.stormyrider

Folk Implosion - unrehearsed, could barely finish a song, and then to top it off the snare drum head broke during the 2nd song (they borrowed a replacement). a total waste of time.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 24, 2007, 09:27:11 PM
No hard feelings or personal negativity.. I was just curious if that had come up.

Back on topic:

They were on HORDE... yuk
I didn't watch the whole set though, so I can say the pain was unduly extended.

what year?

I'd say they are a shame in terms of early live performances, but they made some great albums in their early career.  Grassroots is an incredible album and has some really great guitar playing. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

I was not, before that, a fan. Still not.

mbw

i saw jethro tull with an emerson lake and palmer opener circa 96 in milwaukee
palmer took off his shirt during a drum solo, and emerson trashed his piano during the encore, i believe he was even stabbing it with a knife  :lol:
ian anderson couldnt sing worth a damn and was wearing purple spandex pants with a bulge i could see from 20 rows back...

actually, now that i think of it, this might have been the best concert ever

newplanet7

Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

thechad

Quote from: newplanet7 on September 24, 2007, 10:38:08 PM
Sex Mob

Really, say them at Burlington's Discover Jazz fest at the old Higher Ground about 7 years ago and they here on fire.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 24, 2007, 10:14:21 PM
I was not, before that, a fan. Still not.
I can understand that, as the music is a little one dimensional, and the lyrics do get cheesy at times.  I don't really like the simple rhyme schemes, but that is just me.  However, I do like their Grassroots album the best, as the guitarist plays some really nice solos in several of the songs. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Just thought of another one...
Mickey Hart's Mystery Box

cleech74

I thought about this for awhile.  I haven't been to many crappy shows, save a few local bands who's names weren't committed to memory.

I did leave Keller Williams early last year at the Rams Head Live.  The crowd was the worst I've ever been among.  Bunch of Chatty Cathy's. :x
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

White_Bandana

ekoostik hookah, i would go to Nelson Ledges again though

newplanet7

Believe it or not.
MSMW

I collect their recordings for archive purposes but they really don't do anything for me anymore.
They were enticing when they first started touring as MSMW last winter,
but, same sets all the time and too much sco for me. Not a big sco fan.

Wouldn't go see them again.
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.