News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Now that is one helluva concert.
A Wolf at the Door?!?! That whole setlist gives me chills.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 26, 2018, 07:35:33 AM
Now that is one helluva concert.
A Wolf at the Door?!?! That whole setlist gives me chills.

I'm pretty sure I had chills the entire time.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

jam>

Looks great! I went to Radiohead at MSG a few weeks back. Did not disappoint.

jam>

Saw the band "Sleep", who I hadn't heard of before the show. Dude! Some serious slow Sabbath metal with tons of amps onstage. Lots of joints being smoked in the crowd. Only got monotonous at the very end. Anybody see these dudes?

kellerb

Quote from: jam> on July 31, 2018, 03:43:49 PM
Saw the band "Sleep", who I hadn't heard of before the show. Dude! Some serious slow Sabbath metal with tons of amps onstage. Lots of joints being smoked in the crowd. Only got monotonous at the very end. Anybody see these dudes?

Never seen them live, but their album Jerusalem / Dopesmoker (They changed the title depending on what version you get) is a classic of "serious slow Sabbath Metal." 

If you've heard that version of the Jurassic park theme slowed down 200%, think of that, but Iron Man.

shoreline99

Saw Keller Williams last night at Garcia's, the bar area adjacent to the Capitol Theatre. Pretty awesome to see him up close in such a small venue, just performing Jerry/Dead tunes and celebrating Jerry's 76th birthday. Lot of fun. And free cupcakes at set break.

ETA: anyone know how to keep photos from turning like this when you upload?  :x
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Buffalo Budd

Saw Ghostface Killah last night here in town.
Ok show, I don't think I'm much of live hip hop fan.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

last Sunday was Chris Robison... so good.
this past Friday was Chicago and REO speedwagon... I had a blast. great hearing all those tunes I grew up with in the house. really made me miss my mumma, but it was a great time.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

PIE-GUY

Posted without comment. 

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

alcoholandcoffeebeans

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

emay

David Byrne at Red Rocks last night, wow. Show was almost like a musical. Crazy how fluent his band is. Amazing show.

VA $l!m

Quote from: emay on August 29, 2018, 01:11:05 PM
David Byrne at Red Rocks last night, wow. Show was almost like a musical. Crazy how fluent his band is. Amazing show.
noice, if the weather is as mint as it is next door here in Neb i bet is was pretty sweet out there.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

Bob Weir and Wolf Brothers 10/22/18 Keller Auditorium

Went in with low expectations and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Bobby definitely knows his performing days are numbered and it seems he's putting in a lot of effort to make the most of the time he has left. Great setlist with a lot of covers and only a couple Jerry songs, it was really cool to see stuff like Playing and Music Never Stopped in this stripped down format. Crowd was totally throwing down, nice to see a party happen in what usually is a very stuffy opera house type venue. 

Secondary market tickets were really cheap here, if that's the case in your town then I would highly recommend hitting one of these shows up. 

Big ups to caravan for beers and food, thanks man! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on October 23, 2018, 02:50:36 PM

Went in with low expectations and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Bobby definitely knows his performing days are numbered and it seems he's putting in a lot of effort to make the most of the time he has left. Great setlist with a lot of covers and only a couple Jerry songs, it was really cool to see stuff like Playing and Music Never Stopped in this stripped down format. Crowd was totally throwing down, nice to see a party happen in what usually is a very stuffy opera house type venue. 

Secondary market tickets were really cheap here, if that's the case in your town then I would highly recommend hitting one of these shows up. 

Yeah dude, that was awesome.  I feel like dogshit today.

anthrax

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 23, 2018, 07:02:49 PM
Quote from: Hicks on October 23, 2018, 02:50:36 PM

Yeah dude, that was awesome.  I feel like dogshit today.

been digging the boards of these shows!