News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Arrested Development is BACK!!!!

Started by G. Augusto, October 02, 2011, 06:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

soooo glad i signed up for Amazon Prime for any number of reasons, but the most relevant to this thread being free, unlimited access to Amazon Instant Videos - and ALL of Arrested Development is available there in HD.  decided to watch them all again, in order of course...  god i love this show.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

"It was Buster's first taste of alcohol since nursing."

Augustus

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/04/arrested-development-fourth-season-to-be-released-all-at-once-on-netflix

QuoteWe still have a ways to wait before "Arrested Development" comes to a Netflix-capable device near us, but creator Mitch Hurwitz just announced a change in plans that will sweeten the deal. During a Netflix-sponsored event in Las Vegas, Hurwitz announced that they will be releasing the full 10-episode "Arrested Development" season at once.

Thank goodness for that. The original plan was to have each episode released like an anthology that would catch viewers up on what the various characters were up to in the time between the end of season three and these new episodes. The season would lead up to the movie, which will be released (hopefully) at some point in 2013. But Hurwitz said that his new plan for "Arrested Development" will make it "more like the old show again," according to Vulture.

To be clear, that means that all 10 new "Arrested Development" episodes will be released at once instead of over the course of two-and-a-half months. "There's something exciting about trying to break the form again," he said. The goal is to have people watch the new season all at once, and then go back and rewatch the episodes several time to try to catch all the red herrings and surprises that Hurwitz and his writers sprinkle in.

"There's going to be some mystery sprinkled throughout this [but] instead of watching one a week and try to get ahead of it, the hope is [fans] will watch them all together and then go back and look for clues and connections," Hurwitz explained. "We'd also like to use the technology to provide additional material, where you might be able to access another part of the story."

The plan is to have the show start shooting over the summer and be released on Netflix later this year. Unfortunately neither Hurwitz nor any of the cast in attendance at the event — Will Arnett, David Cross, Alia Shawkat, Jeffrey Tambor, and Jessica Walter — made any mention of the planned movie. Hurwitz did say he'd be open to making future seasons for Netflix, though.

Also, if you were hoping for the return of some of the show's beloved secondary characters, at least one has a role in the upcoming season. Hurwitz confirmed that Bob Loblaw — one of the lawyers hired by the Bluth family — will be back for the fourth season.

"It's kind of a one-joke thing. But if you guys don't mind bringing it back, we'll give it to you," he said. According to Vulture, the audience definitely didn't mind the idea.

Would you rather have more "Arrested Development" seasons or a movie? Let us know in the comments section below or on Facebook and Twitter.

mistercharlie

That's a great idea and I know what I'll be spending a couple days straight doing when it comes out.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

It's finally almost here!!!!

Season 4 hits Netflix on May 26th!!!!  :banana:

There's a trailer for it here: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/12/arrested-development-season-4-trailer

(sorry, the link wouldn't show up unless I put the "nobbc" brackets around it, so you'll have to copy and paste the address.)
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

aphineday

Holy shit, this is gold. Thanks Hicks.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

emay

Bobby is a nevernude? Makes sense.

emay

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

sophist

3 episodes in.  Love it so far, it's different but I still dig how they're doing it.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!