News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

There should be counterbalance weight at the end of the tone arm.  Try spinning that in the direction that adds more force.  Should be able to get close.

August

Tracking and cartridge alignment will be the fix.
If you still need something to dampen footsteps, a marble slab under your TT will reduce a lot of vibration.

https://www.homedepot.com/s/marble%2520slab?searchtype=suggest&NCNI-5

sunrisevt

Nice—I actually have access to a big marble slab.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Caravan2001

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

I smell innuendo.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mopper_smurf

The Poodle Magic Pig Type - FZ re-imagined for solo piano by Fred Händl. Limited edition (100 copies) on yellow vinyl. Put in a request for number 42 within minutes after the pre-order link went online and lo and behold.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

mattstick

Wish they'd used the Hamilton Scarlet > Fire rather than the bizarre Scarlet > Estimated pairing.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on December 27, 2018, 09:25:55 AM
Wish they'd used the Hamilton Scarlet > Fire rather than the bizarre Scarlet > Estimated pairing.

100% agree.  But all in all, this box gets as much play if not more than any GD box I have. It's really good.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

jam>

I just got Dylan's More Blood, More Tracks from Amazon. Two slabs for $20. Yes, I did need different versions of my favorite album on vinyl.

jam>

on a side note, for you guitar players out there:
tune to D-A-D-F#-A-D, pop a capo on the 2nd fret and play along.
https://dylanchords.info/16_bott/index.htm