News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Forums

Started by guyforget, August 23, 2005, 02:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

So I broke down finally.  My beloved phpbb2 creation was just too out of date.  Only it was too modified to upgrade to newly released versions without many tedious hours of editing files by hand.  It was a bitch, to say the least.  And the longer I let it go the more succeptable to vandals we became.  So tonight I switched us over to some new forums software.  This software allows all of the functions that I had allowed via hacking up our installation of phpbb2 out of the box, thus making it easier to keep updated and just as functional. 

It will take some getting used to, I know.  There will be bugs; I'm sure, though I dont think Ive found anything yet. 

Maybe the last 2 or 3 posts on the old board didnt make the database switch.  If youre new thread was deleted I apologize.  I know that the vacuum solo thread was lost.  Again; All Apologies. 

I think that it even matches up with the banner that jedifunk created for us when we got on our feet.  Comments?

There are a few added profile fields for users.  Use your profile button to check it out and customize whats available. 

Please inform me of bugs.  If you are unable to post to the board for whatever reason you can use the email address in my sig. 

-AD_

August

i think the new design is sick!
it will take a little time to get used to,
but will be well worth it.
thanks for the hard work!
augusten.

primus-d

hey guy,

the new forum design is great!  and added functionality never hurts (well, almost never)...

one question - i see on the index page the rss feed from etree is gone. just wondering if that will be returning in the future or not? (again, not a biggie, just curious).

thanks again to all mods/admins for the great work :)
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

Aldous Huxley

crnl4bn

Deciding to switch to Simple Machines was a good choice...
http://db.etree.org/flavaflav

This opportune physical form
Is worth more than a wish-granting gem.
You only gain its like the once.
So hard to get, so easily destroyed,
It's like a lightning bolt in the sky.

Contemplate this, and you will realize
All worldly actions are but winnowed chaff,
And night and day you must
Extract some essence from your life.
I, the yogi, practiced this way;
You, wanting liberation, do the same!

- Lord Tsongkhapa, King of the Dharma

crnl4bn

i sorta like the ticket system (+T) they have set up over at tapersection...

is there anything like that in the works?

I'm extremely pleased with the new forum layout!!!

WEEK4PAUG.NET DOMINATES
http://db.etree.org/flavaflav

This opportune physical form
Is worth more than a wish-granting gem.
You only gain its like the once.
So hard to get, so easily destroyed,
It's like a lightning bolt in the sky.

Contemplate this, and you will realize
All worldly actions are but winnowed chaff,
And night and day you must
Extract some essence from your life.
I, the yogi, practiced this way;
You, wanting liberation, do the same!

- Lord Tsongkhapa, King of the Dharma

mopper_smurf

Really nice re-design. Kudos and a kiss.
I would like to have the blog field back in my profile.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

jephrey

Well, I hope I don't lose the post (count) for the reply I made to the vacuum solo thread.  That's what I'm about.  Post-count.  If I don't have that, then what do I have?

I love the new setup. :-D :-D :mrgreen:

I am going to
try out thesenew features

the new design is

• cool
  • innovative
  • :lol:

What the hell is teletype?

1st, 2nd, 3rd

what other fonts are there?

Can someone show me how the table works really quick?
How about the code?

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

This is a great forum product (Simple Machines) and Props on getting as much to come over a well as you did.
Man, was a Sprised when I saw it this a.m.

as for tickets. It's a cool feature but easily abused.

jedifunk

ha ha, guyforget emerges from the depths of dispair (work) to create anew!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

I had decided against the ticket/karma setup just because its easily abused and we dont really have any problems with spammers, flamers, and trolls.  [Yet...]

Quote from: primus-d on August 23, 2005, 07:26:07 AM

one question - i see on the index page the rss feed from etree is gone. just wondering if that will be returning in the future or not? (again, not a biggie, just curious).

This is something that I want too, but I may have to make the changes to the news module myself, as I dont think that it has RSS reader capability out of the box.  While I have used this software as a community member I have never had admin or mod capabilities, so Im learning alot about this software just like many of y'all are.  Whether or not its possible; I dunno, but I will definitely be looking into it. 

Quote from: mopper_smurf on August 23, 2005, 08:44:35 AM
Really nice re-design. Kudos and a kiss.
I would like to have the blog field back in my profile.

Again, this is something Ill be looking into, but cant guarantee its return. 

Thanks for the support, folks. 
-AD_

mgoldey

If you need a troll or two, I know where to find 'em.   :mrgreen:

VA $l!m

maybr the vacuum solo thread got sucked into the oblivion w/ the old week4paug....
:?damn. i'm lost...

yet more technology to confuse slim. :wink

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:i like mr green though
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

gene

wow when i just went to this website a minute ago, i thought i clicked ona  different forum.
all i have to say is wow and props. like it alot it is slick as hell.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jedifunk

Wondering....

is there any way to tell which posts are the newest in a particular thread??  in the old forum, the top bar of a new post would be darker.  anything like that now?
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

if i have questions about the new setup, should i post in the tech support forum...
i'm a little confused about a lot of the new features and seemingly lost old features:

such as the Private messaging system...is it just a in/ out box now?--w/ no save box?
i dunno, gonna take some getting used to, but i'm sure its for the best. :-)

PS: ROWJIM**--if your'e reading this, did you get my message i sent today?...i didnt see it in the outbox after i sent it..
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-