News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: birdman on September 18, 2018, 05:51:29 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 18, 2018, 01:02:41 AM
I just finished reading an interview with my favorite drumming pauger...

https://liveforlivemusic.com/features/interview-jauntee-scott-ferber-2018/
Great interview. Very cool :wtu:

solid interview. good exposure. like the b line, blowing up. "keep going"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Multibeast12

I just learned about Libby and sending library books to my Kindle. So I have finally gotten around to reading A Song of Ice and Fire. I am on book 3 at the moment and damn I cannot believe it took me this long to read these books.

PIE-GUY

The Beastie Boys Book - dude - a must read!! It is sofa king great!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Just cracked Jesse Jarnow's new book: Wasn't That A Time: The Weavers, The Blacklist and the Battle For The Soul Of America

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 07, 2018, 12:23:01 PM
Just cracked Jesse Jarnow's new book: Wasn't That A Time: The Weavers, The Blacklist and the Battle For The Soul Of America

oh yeah - that's next on my list!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Just finished Scar Tissue, Anthony Kiedis' biography.
With the stories he recounts, it's hard to imagine he was able to recall such detail (although I may have said the same about Keith's book 'Life' too, lol)
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 07, 2018, 12:48:46 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 07, 2018, 12:23:01 PM

oh yeah - that's next on my list!

Good call. Ordered it just now.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 07, 2018, 10:44:10 PM
Just finished Scar Tissue, Anthony Kiedis' biography.
With the stories he recounts, it's hard to imagine he was able to recall such detail (although I may have said the same about Keith's book 'Life' too, lol)

I'm in the middle of listening to this on audible. It makes me wanna do drugs!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Caravan2001

Man, the Beastie's book is amazing.

Multibeast12

Way too late to the game, but just finished up A Storm of Swords. Great read. But also, everybody says don't waste your time with books 4 and 5. So....I might just watch the show for everything else.

Started Restaurant at the end of the Universe. Really liking it. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: Multibeast12 on December 18, 2018, 07:26:54 AM
Way too late to the game, but just finished up A Storm of Swords. Great read. But also, everybody says don't waste your time with books 4 and 5. So....I might just watch the show for everything else.

Nononononononono
Read the books 4 & 5.

After your Douglas Adams fix.

ytowndan

Every so often I threaten to read those Hitchhiker's sequels, yet I never get around to it.  Maybe over Christmas I'll finally do it.  It would be a great excuse to re-read the OG.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on December 18, 2018, 12:38:05 PM
Every so often I threaten to read those Hitchhiker's sequels, yet I never get around to it.  Maybe over Christmas I'll finally do it.  It would be a great excuse to re-read the OG.

They're good.
I've read nearly every published word from Douglas Adams and I honestly wouldn't be the same person had I not.

Multibeast12

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 18, 2018, 12:12:02 PM
Quote from: Multibeast12 on December 18, 2018, 07:26:54 AM

Nononononononono
Read the books 4 & 5.

After your Douglas Adams fix.
Will do.

Also, I have never really been much of a high fantasy fan but have been digging it lately. My friends tell me The Storm Light Archives by Brandon Sanderson is really good. I was thinking about grabbing them on audible or something. Has anybody checked them out?

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 18, 2018, 01:46:05 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on December 18, 2018, 12:38:05 PM

They're good.
I've read nearly every published word from Douglas Adams and I honestly wouldn't be the same person had I not.

Ditto.

Also, Restaurant is hardly some later 'sequel.' It's the second half of the story begun in Hitchhiker's Guide. They're basically one book. Only with the third book, Life the Universe and Everything, does the story, and writing style, go off in a new direction.