News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: Annie Hall vs. Monty Python And The Holy Grail

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

mistercharlie

Holy Grail.

I have never been a Woody Allen fan, neurotic humor was lost on me as a kid and now it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I try to watch anything Woody Allen had made.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Holy Grail isn't even the best Monty Python film.

It's disjointed and amateurish. Funny? Yes.

Annie Hall is classic. Funny, genius writing, well directed with excellent performances.

VDB

This is an easy one for me. Never seen Annie Hall! And Holy Grail has been a favorite of mine for so long that there's really nothing about it that bothers me.
Is this still Wombat?

cactusfan

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 08, 2012, 09:05:14 AM
This is an easy one for me. Never seen Annie Hall! And Holy Grail has been a favorite of mine for so long that there's really nothing about it that bothers me.

rent Annie Hall. it's great.
and it gets my vote.

khalpin

Actually having seen both movies really needs to be a requirement in the voting process.

VDB

Quote from: khalpin on May 08, 2012, 05:18:00 PM
Actually having seen both movies really needs to be a requirement in the voting process.

Well that wouldn't be very much fun, would it?

I am sitting some votes out, though...
Is this still Wombat?

barnesy305

Quote from: khalpin on May 08, 2012, 05:18:00 PM

That would be ideal for sure, but I'm afraid it's wishful thinking. That being said I went with Annie Hall, an I don't even like Woody Allen.

aphineday

I'm in the minority for sure. I love Python, but don't love this movie.
I LOVE Annie Hall. It got my vote, but it won't matter.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

sls.stormyrider

2 classics.
had to go with Holy Grail

I don't think there's a single movie that we through more lines back and forth in my younger days. More recently, I used to have the script bookmarked for easy reference, or just a laugh midday while at work.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."