News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Cutting Edge Comedy or Racist Comments ????

Started by sophist, November 20, 2006, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

"Kramer" from seinfeld

***not work friendly***

you decide.........
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

flow00

I'd like to think it was cutting-edge comedy, but Kramer seemed pissed and serious. I think Seinfeld is going to be on Letterman tonight. Interesting to see what he has to say. 

sophist

only thing that bothers me is "the man" rant that ensues after the initial comments.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

whyweigh5.0

I heard that it is brought up on Letterman and Jerry isn't pleased at all
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

sophist

Kramer looks stupid without the fro, he needs the fro

cactusfan

Quote from: phan003 on November 20, 2006, 11:09:28 PM

"Kramer" from seinfeld

***not work friendly***

you decide.........

that's one of the more disturbing meltdowns i've ever seen.
there's a lot one can get away with if there's a joke involved.
no punchline to this routine, though.

mattstick

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1561377,00.html

Just hours after online video surfaced of his racist tirade at a comedy club, former Seinfeld star Michael Richards appeared on CBS's Late Show with David Letterman Monday night to apologize.

"I lost my temper on stage. I was trying to do my act and I got heckled. I took it badly and went into a rage and said some really nasty things to some Afro-Americans," Richards tells Letterman via satellite. "I'm really busted up over this. I'm really, really sorry.

"I'm concerned about the anger coming through. I'm deeply, deeply sorry. I'm not a racist, that's what so insane about this.... I just have to do personal work. I'm still reeling from this."

Richards, best known as Kramer from the hit series, hurled racial epithets at black audience members who apparently heckled him during a standup show in L.A. on Friday night.

MZ posted a video of the incident on Monday (click here to watch the video). It shows Richards, 57, taunting the men for interrupting his show. "Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f–ing fork up your a–," he yells.

He paces the stage, then continues: "You can talk, you can talk, you can talk, you're brave now mother–. Throw his a– out. He's a n–!"

Richards then screams the n-word four more times while pointing to the hecklers in the balcony, drawing uncomfortable murmurs from the crowd. The two sides continue to trade insults, and then Richards eventually leaves the stage for good.

"I went back onstage that night and I apologized to quite a few people," Richards tells Letterman. "I didn't get to talk to everyone. They left. And they went to the press as they should have."

The incident took place at The Laugh Factory, a comedy club in West Hollywood.

Jerry Seinfeld was already scheduled to appear on Letterman's show, and tells Letterman about the incident with his friend and former costar, "I did talk to him today I was extremely upset about it and he's extremely upset about it so I invited him on the show. He's mystified about what happened."

The Laugh Factory has banned Richards and promised to post a warning to all comedians to avoid offensive language.

fozzi19

QuoteI heard that it is brought up on Letterman and Jerry isn't pleased at all

It was actually Jerry's idea to get him to apologize on the air...that's probably why it happened so fast...otherwise he would have had to do the morning talk show circuit for awhile...

jonyem

Man losing his mind with witnesses.
Comedy, It's not.

cactusfan

i just watched the youtube clip of the letterman apology.
yikes!
it's about the most uncomfortable six minutes i've ever experienced.
not pretty to watch a guy's career end so abruptly.
no way michael richards gets any work for a long, long time after this.

ytowndan

Quote from: cactusfan on November 21, 2006, 05:54:52 PM
i just watched the youtube clip of the letterman apology.
yikes!
it's about the most uncomfortable six minutes i've ever experienced.
not pretty to watch a guy's career end so abruptly.

Definitely uncomfortable.  I can't even believe thats the same man who portrayed Kramer. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

susep

Quote from: cactusfan on November 21, 2006, 05:54:52 PM

I guess he and Gibson are starting a new club called FUHollywood :roll:

Highly uncalled for behavior.  He was probably on a rage inducing substance :evil:

Jeers to NBC and Matt Lauer for running their cheesey noses in the mess.  The 2 victims were on the Today show wearing new khaki's and dress shirts sponsored by the peacock.  Richards was way out of line but here goes our media w/ this weeks news special.  Will Richards end up paying the victims $millions?

sophist

My Afircan American basketball coach called me a cracker on a daily basis for years, where the fuck is my house in the hamptons  :evil:  :?

susep

Quote from: phan003 on November 22, 2006, 09:36:13 AM
My Afircan American basketball coach called me a cracker on a daily basis for years, where the fuck is my house in the hamptons  :evil:  :?

racism is schism on the serious tip.

trivia> who wrote this?

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio