News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gas Prices Are Up Already

Started by Hicks, November 12, 2006, 08:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Totally shameless manipulation, at least the American people didn't fall for it this time. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jedifunk

there up, but only slightly.... at least here.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Hicks

You gotta admit, gas goes up for the first time in over a month just after the election, seems a bit much to be a coincidence.

I'm imagining they just go up a couple cents every day or two, so at least it will take until Thanksgiving to get above $2.50 again.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

susep

I heard one analyst say that the normal progression is a general plateau up until Superbowl weekend before prices begin to climb/increase.
Which makes sense if you have left over reserves from last season and by late Jan./early Feb the strain on new sources kicks in.  There are various levels of economics involved before we see prices at the pump or behind the fuel truck.  As time progresses increases in price will continue.  We are at a global crossroads as far as supply and as a result are already seeing military/darwinian attempts to secure remaining hot spots.  All the while other developing/industrial nations need their cut to sustain their "economies" while overall supply diminishes daily.
If people thought the late 70's gas crunch was historic, the ever increasing pressure on finite resources will undoubtedly test the will of societies.  Societies conditioned to consume petroleum or oil-rock.  Instead of crack heads we're oil heads.  Individually we consume 28 barrels of oil/ year in the U.S.  Imagine driving down your street and seeing everyones barrels stacked up outside for each individual.
Bottom line, who cares?
We have a good infrastructure(roads/highways) to transform into renewable/sustainable society.
How long will it take?   

gimmetela

yeah, they're heading up here too!  jeebus! help the dems get control of this spiraling government

ucusty

you can thank our soceity and our president for this.  They gotta get those prices up for the holiday...
whata buncha dicks

ucusty

2.32 in indy..........
2.09 in wake forest, NC

flow00

Gas always goes up when demand rises. The rising gas prices probably have more to do with Thanksgiving travel than manipulation.

susep

from now until after the superbowl does the U.S. grand consumption peak.

tet

up here as well, but only $0.05 or so.  was paying $1.99 for a few weeks, it was $2.04 a few days ago, but then i saw another station still with $1.99.  so it's really not moving that much considering the heavy travel that is expected around here.  then again, NJ has always been amongst the lowest in fuel costs - we get major tax breaks on it because we do most of the refining work on the East Coast  :-D
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

ucusty

i cant remeber the last time gas was under 2.00 in north carolina

special thx to the republicans  :frustrated:

tet

Quote from: ucusty on November 23, 2006, 12:55:12 PM
i cant remeber the last time gas was under 2.00 in north carolina

special thx to the republicans  :frustrated:

actually, if it weren't for the republicans, the gas companies would have to raise prices to compensate for the tax breaks they wouldn't be getting...   :-o

and you know that's coming with the democrats in control of congress...

besides, if we all used public transport, segways, and our own two feet (and didn't have more average cars per family than children), this wouldn't be so much of an issue.  housewives taking their 5,000 lbs SUVs to buy milk is the problem... :roll:
-Phish

whyweigh5.0

yeah.. when I was in Atlantic City last winter (when phil had that run at the HOB) I was so amazed that I had just paid under $2 for gas
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

whyweigh5.0

Quote from: tet on November 23, 2006, 01:07:23 PM
actually, if it weren't for the republicans, the gas companies would have to raise prices to compensate for the tax breaks they wouldn't be getting...   :-o

and you know that's coming with the democrats in control of congress...

besides, if we all used public transport, segways, and our own two feet (and didn't have more average cars per family than children), this wouldn't be so much of an issue.  housewives taking their 5,000 lbs SUVs to buy milk is the problem... :roll:

isn't the average price/gallon over in Europe a lot more than it is here, and they are riddles with tiny micro cars.  :?  But then again, Im not sure how the supply is for those countries
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

tet

their taxes are 4x ours, diesel has always been the bargain there and that's why they still make diesel cars.  we will too once we realize we can grow our own fuel instead of pumping out dead dinosaurs
-Phish