News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Healthcare Content (Protest Instructions) >>>>>

Started by sophist, August 06, 2009, 09:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 10, 2009, 04:32:47 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on November 09, 2009, 06:15:05 PM
Quote from: slslbs on November 09, 2009, 06:10:53 PM
by no means a perfect bill, but, considering what we have now, not bad.

I doubt the Senate will pass a bill with a public option.

Frankly, I don't get it. Only 4% of the population would even qualify for a public option, the way it is written now. Hardly seems like it is "a road to government takeover of health care".

Lieberman (who I respect, in general) is getting on my nerves more and more over time.

It's the lobby system.  These dooders are getting PIZZAID (and maybe even intimidated physically) to not pass real health care reform.  This is the way the system we have works.  Especially because most of us have the attitude that this is "just the way it works".  We are all to blame for our collective laziness and inability to tackle tough issues head on.

The United States is suffering from a severe democratic deficit that stems from those lobbying moneys needed to fund electoral campaigns. Take a quick glance at last week's mayoral, governor and district elections, and the incomprehensible amount of money spent on the campaigns. And the solution is simple extremely simple; the US should have publicly funded elections. It would immediately cut a tremendous amount of corruption and return a significant portion of the US back to the people.......

Remember when Barack Obama vowed to only take public funding for the Presidential election, and then McCain agreed?

Oh yeah, thank you Mr. President.

Alumni

More Jon Stewart awesomeness.

Health care link: exposing the congenital exaggerators liars involved in Faux News' coverage of health care protests.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-november-10-2009/sean-hannity-uses-glenn-beck-s-protest-footage
Cause I got a degree

whatapiper

this will never pass the senate, its really too bad, our system is beyond fucked up

i had a kydney stone around a month ago which lasted around 10 brutal days.   i have pretty good individual plan with $1000 ded., 20% C.P, that my employer pays $200 for.  i had one E.R visit with plenty of Dilaudid :-D, an xray, a bunch of percocet :-P, a few doc visits, some tests, blood work, a strainer and thats about it.

i just got over $2000 in bills that I have to pay....after my insurance has paid and with adjustments.  wtf?   a kydney stone is worth that much, man i got had, they are laughin all the way to the bank, but shiiiiiiiiit, next time fuck the doc, i will just get my neighbor to write me another percocet and call it good.   how can anyone afford a bill like that, right before MSG, i mean, right before Christmas?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: whatapiper on November 13, 2009, 01:41:35 AM
  how can anyone afford a bill like that, right before MSG, i mean, right before Christmas?

I can see Whatapiper calling the collections dept. at the hospital right now.

Voice:  Hello, county medical collection, how may I help you?

Whatapiper:  Yes, I have a bill here for 2,000 dollars from your hospital.

Voice:  Ok, sir, what can I help you with?

Whatapiper:  You do understand that Phish's three night stand at Madison Square Garden is rapidly approaching, don't you?

Voice:  Wow, you are right.  We will defer your bill for at least 6 months, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Whatapiper:  Damn right.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on November 13, 2009, 02:15:04 PM
Quote from: whatapiper on November 13, 2009, 01:41:35 AM
  how can anyone afford a bill like that, right before MSG, i mean, right before Christmas?

I can see Whatapiper calling the collections dept. at the hospital right now.

Voice:  Hello, county medical collection, how may I help you?

Whatapiper:  Yes, I have a bill here for 2,000 dollars from your hospital.

Voice:  Ok, sir, what can I help you with?

Whatapiper:  You do understand that Phish's three night stand at Madison Square Garden is rapidly approaching, don't you?

Voice:  Wow, you are right.  We will defer your bill for at least 6 months, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Whatapiper:  Damn right.

Voice: and sir, given the events that have transpired, and will be occuring, do you need any more percocet?[/quote]

fyp
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Poster Nutbag

Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Lieberman is just a patsy.

He's the guy that the dems get to blame when they fail to do their jobs.

guyforget

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on December 19, 2009, 02:35:20 PM

Sure, that sounds good, but you should elaborate.  Plenty of Dem's pushed hard for the public option, then compromised w/ the trigger, then compromised yet again w/ medicare buy-in.  And Leiberman but the kibosh on all of them. 
-AD_

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: guyforget on December 19, 2009, 02:38:09 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on December 19, 2009, 02:35:20 PM

Sure, that sounds good, but you should elaborate.  Plenty of Dem's pushed hard for the public option, then compromised w/ the trigger, then compromised yet again w/ medicare buy-in.  And Leiberman but the kibosh on all of them.

Just remember, the Dems dumped Lieberman before Lieberman dumped the Dems.  The level of "Theatre" in the Senate and the House has reached an all time high.  You want Lieberman to stop being a douche now?  Go back in time and support him throughout the 2000's.

fauxpaxfauxreal

To add: Until the democratic party takes responsibility for turning Lieberman into a monster, I don't think they have any fucking right to bitch about him or paint him negatively.

Hicks

Pretty sure the voters dumped Lieberman from the Democratic party when he lost the primary. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on December 19, 2009, 02:41:08 PM
To add: Until the democratic party takes responsibility for turning Lieberman into a monster, I don't think they have any fucking right to bitch about him or paint him negatively.
He paints himself as a vigilante, vengeful asshole all on his own in my eyes...

edit: oops, forgot self serving...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Hicks on December 19, 2009, 02:44:43 PM
Pretty sure the voters dumped Lieberman from the Democratic party when he lost the primary.

Which was caused by a lack of funding from the Democratic party and a lack of internal support from the Dems.  You don't lose a primary unless your party is trying to kick you in the face.  The Democrat Party done fucked up and fails to take responsibility for it.

guyforget

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on December 19, 2009, 02:46:30 PM
Which was caused by a lack of funding from the Democratic party and a lack of internal support from the Dems.  You don't lose a primary unless your party is trying to kick you in the face.  The Democrat Party done fucked up and fails to take responsibility for it.

Seriously?

I also seem to remember him being a couple of voter frauds away from being the Vice President... 
-AD_