News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Do you seed more than leach?

Started by jedifunk, December 13, 2004, 01:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

Hey all;

Just wondering out loud.  I've recently begun to be a more consistent seeder.  And as such have realized that I am seeding more often than leaching.  Just wondering what everyone elses position is.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Blaise

at least I am not living in denial, but yes, I am a pretty big leech. I am sure that won't go over too well here but it makes my conscience feel a lot better. University firewalls suck...

jedifunk

don't worry about it.  i was a big leacher b4 last month.  i took a hiatus for about 8 months (was using furthur), when i decided to check things out again i tried BT (find it much better) and decided it was high time i started seeding.  i also feel my list has enough on it to warrant helping out as well (which seems to be the case since i'm seeding like mad these days).

but honestly it feels good to be giving back again.  back in the analog trading days (barely remember them now  :wink: ) i traded so much and did tons of b&ps, so it feels good to get back to that.

in any case, don't worry too much about it, cuz i can tell your good for it, and at least your trying to help out around here.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emperor_brian

Yeah, sadly at the moment I've done zero seeding on BT. BUT, I've done tons of trading in the past via snail mail (CDRs and such. And even TAPES back in the stone age), and I've used things like Soulseek and Furthur to share Phish shows (and other stuff) quite a bit.

Also but...Like I've said, I'm compiling (when the websites work, that is) my list of shns and flacs of Phish shows as we speak. And somewhat to my surprise, I have quite a lot. Much more than I'd estimated. I knew I had hundreds of shows TOTAL, but many of those are sadly mp3s.   :cry:

But I'm finding, as I do this list, that I have a lot more shns and FLACs of Phish shows than I thought I did (57 that I've actually put on the list so far and I'm not even done with 1993 yet), so perhaps I actually WILL be able to help some people out.

Like you, Jedifunk, I used to be much more active in trading. I was doing TONS of CDR trades and got very into that for various artists between 2002 and 2003, but kind of tapered off since Fall 2003 was over. Now that I actually have a decent sized HD and broadband connection, and finally looked iinto peoples' numerous suggestions to check out etree, I'm getting back into things a little.

And it feels goooood. I'm quite  happy I found it as well as this place, and I hope to get more active very soon!
"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open." - Frank Zappa

big_phish

i try my best to seed every show that i download but my upload speed is not nearly as fast as my download speed. so it takes forever for me to seed a show.

jedifunk

yeah it takes me about 24 hrs to complete a seed.  at that point there are usually at least 5-10 others who have finished and are seeding.  of course that depends on how many people dl it from me.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio