News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R2/W09: 07-15-1992 Trax, Charlottseville, VA

Started by pnchundi, April 07, 2008, 08:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

1: Glide, Oh Kee Pa Ceremony, Suzy Greenberg, Foam, My Friend My Friend, Uncle Pen, Split Open and Melt, Silent in the Morning, Chalk Dust Torture, Lizards, Run Like an Antelope

Set I review: 
I've been big on a Glide opener, but it is a fun song, and I do happen to like it here since it sets up the heat for the set.  OKP > Suzy is standard but begins the ascent of the set.  Foam is well played and a solid '92 version. 
MFMF & Uncle Pen are standard but a nice treat.  SOAM has a few ripping moments, and silent is a welcomed cool down.  Such a pretty dong and well placed imo.  CDT is standard.  Liz and Antelope are well played.  Antelope is an excellent way to close out this set. 

2: The Sloth, The Divided Sky, Esther, My Sweet One, Stash, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, All Things Reconsidered, Harry Hood, Golgi Apparatus

E: Possum

Set II + encore review:
Always love a sloth opener! Then Div'd sky, holy shit.  Esther isn't placed well for me, I was still dazed from that Div'd sky.  MSO is standard and a fun treat.  Stash rips as usual.  They nail the McGrupp.  ATR is another fun song and one I wished they had kept in the rotation.  Hood and Golgi both rip imo.  I love a golgi set closer. 
Fun Possum encore as well. 

Overall:  What this show lacks is some extended jamming, all of the jam songs were too condensed for my taste.  I know that is rare for 92, but I guess thats my preference.  I give this show a solid B. 

Great pick, thanks again. 

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: Sophist on April 15, 2008, 11:38:55 AM
  Such a pretty dong and well placed imo. 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!