News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ten Years Gone - 9/11 Poll

Started by susep, August 23, 2011, 09:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: susep on August 24, 2011, 01:36:45 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 23, 2011, 11:10:21 PM

This thread is an embarrassment.

It is also an offense to all whose lives were lost and/or altered that day.

I think the worst part is that you put official in quotes.

I think its more embarrassing when people run away and hide from talking about it.  Additionally I don't think its offensive to those who lost their lives esp. in light of the complete failure of the 9/11 Commission Report.  We owe to every person who was killed or altered that day an un-biased investigation.  Even members who served on the Commission admitted they were snowballed on key evidence and ideas, one of the reasons I put official in quotes.  RJ, what about building 7, do you think the terrorists had the foresight to lace the buildings will demolition explosives before that morning or is it to offensive to question?

susep, I really enjoy your take on music. You obviously know your shit and I always like reading your stream of consciousness song-by-song reviews. I don't always agree with you (the Gorge R&R was the shit, IMO), but I get a lot out of reading your take.

Also, as someone who is oftentimes the only person on my side of the issue, I don't begrudge you starting this thread and I do agree we should not be scared or embarrassed to talk about the tragedy. Shit, I don't even mind joking about it, because I think humor can be one of the most effective ways of dealing with some truly horrendous events.

But here's what I have a problem with: anytime I hear a Truther express their view, it is always in the form of a question. What about Building 7? How come they found Atta's passport blocks from the site? Why didn't they find debris at the Pentagon? (and many of these questions have been thoroughly debunked) I've never heard a concrete theory put forth as to how this could have been anything but what we all witnessed.

So if you don't want to believe the official story, that's cool. I would just like to hear what and how you suppose it went down?

Quote from: Hicks on August 24, 2011, 02:03:49 PM
What is offensive to me though is the inclusion of the Zionist theory, does anyone beside anti-semites and run of the mill bigots subscribe to this?

I honestly don't think I ever heard this theory until this thread.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 24, 2011, 02:32:01 PM

But here's what I have a problem with: anytime I hear a Truther express their view, it is always in the form of a question. What about Building 7? How come they found Atta's passport blocks from the site? Why didn't they find debris at the Pentagon? (and many of these questions have been thoroughly debunked) I've never heard a concrete theory put forth as to how this could have been anything but what we all witnessed.

Ironic...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

runawayjimbo

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on August 24, 2011, 02:42:49 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 24, 2011, 02:32:01 PM

Ironic...

Terry

Who saw that coming
:roll:
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

UncleEbinezer

I know this thread was a few weeks back, but I finally got a chance to watch a few things on National Geographic or the History Channel (can't remember which, think NG) about the truther theories.  Although there is a possibility that their theories are true, there are too many variables and inconsistencies with their theories.  I wouldn't even call it circumstantial more ludicrous. 

At times I was thinking, sure its "possible," highly, highly unlikely, but "possible."  But they also provided some solid scientific data showing that these truther theories were just that, theories.

It was interesting to watch even for its craziness.

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

shoreline99

Quote from: shoreline99 on June 19, 2006, 03:33:31 PM
9/11 happened. It was real, a terrorist act. i lost an old girlfriend in the towers, i had to hear her voice again at the moussaui trial and it put me in a funk all over again. Our FD and rescue equipment were sent down as far as Yonkers to cover calls and I spent the entire day wondering what the hell was going to happen while doing my job. I saw the smoke and the F-16's circling manhattan every 20 minutes. I saw Pataki's helicopter fly 200 feet above our heads with air force jets circling it. It was a bad day. That was no controlled demolition any more than the floods in New Orleans after Katrina were a result of the government blowing up the levees.

However, i think that some of these movies are interesting. Flight 93 plays more like a documentary and, while i am not an oliver stone fan, it will be interesting to see the reviews of his movie as well. I think they have been done tastefully. Too soon? maybe. But they also made propaganda movies about Pearl Harbor in WWII. The problem here lies in the fact that the media has too much power in today's society, but that's another story.

I am not a fan of the conspiracy theorists. This is not Wag the Dog. I think that the farther away from NYC, Washington and PA you are, the easier it is to pretend it didn't happen. Living here and knowing people who died [as well as some who narrowly escaped] puts it in perspective. I purposely chose not to go in and work the pile because i didn't want to live with the emotional and physical baggage i knew came with it.

end of my thoughts on this matter.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.