News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Summer "Tour" 2017

Started by emay, March 21, 2017, 02:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

One thing to add:   I don't think they can play 13 shows at MSG without playing Simple. "We've got Skyscapers" always gets such a huge crowd response in that room.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 21, 2017, 08:41:32 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 21, 2017, 01:29:50 AM
One thing for sure  is that if they continue no repeats, big dogs like Reba, Tweezer, Mikes and YEM are going to carry a ton of extra weight of it turns out they are tour one-offs.

I said this to a buddy the other day. The anticipation building up to those opening notes of Tweezer or Mike's in the 9th or 10th or 13th show is gonna be so YUGE I'm thinking the roof might literally blow the fuck off.

So much yes.

Can't wait to see what they save for the last weekend if there's no repeats.
Bring in the dude!

aphineday

I am very, very excited for this BD run. The band is sounding better than I have heard in quite some time, and it seems to be so much fun... unless you're on the fucking lawn at Northerly.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

emay

cant wait to see what tonight looks like.

I think they will do repeats from this past week, but I think they wont repeat anything at Baker's D.

VDB

If only to spare us all some self-inflicted disappointment, I'll also go on record as predicting all of the previous five shows' songs are squarely on the table for MSG.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: VDB on July 21, 2017, 01:17:59 PM
If only to spare us all some self-inflicted disappointment, I'll also go on record as predicting all of the previous five shows' songs are squarely on the table for MSG.

Most definitely.
Bring in the dude!

runawayjimbo

Agreed. My baseline is full reset of the catalog and then no repeats at MSG.

My second guess is they open tonight with Jennifer Dances, Jennifer Dances, Ha Ha Ha.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mistercharlie

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 21, 2017, 01:40:08 PM

My second guess is they open tonight with Jennifer Dances, Jennifer Dances, Ha Ha Ha.

That't would be the true Phishy thing to do.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

And then have a tweeprise in every set going forward.

Which is an idea I think is fine

ph92

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 21, 2017, 01:40:08 PM

That's sick...

But I like the idea of a good  Buried Alive -> Manteca.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

aphineday

The no repeats thing for me is cool, but it won't diminish what is happening for me with this band right now if it ends.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

VA $l!m

so, havent been listening to any phish as usual when im stuck missing a tour i wish i could see... but then i just saw a SIMPLE in my youtube feed and decided to check it out.
-Anyway, i guess its the one from chicago 7-15 or something and i gotta say its pretty damn nice.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on July 27, 2017, 03:23:53 PM
so, havent been listening to any phish as usual when im stuck missing a tour i wish i could see... but then i just saw a SIMPLE in my youtube feed and decided to check it out.
-Anyway, i guess its the one from chicago 7-15 or something and i gotta say its pretty damn nice.

Dude... drop everything you're doing and give the 7/25 Lawn Boy a spin. Bet you never thought you'd have someone tell you to drop everything and listen to a Lawn Boy, did you?

VDB

Just got done watching this.

Trey just can't help himself with that high-on-the-neck, mini-chord, note-blasting he always does nowadays (I'm not a guitarist -- someone please help with a concise description of this trick. You know what I'm talking about. It's everywhere), but I like some of the places that jam ended up.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Trey looovvveess doing that thing these days.
Bring in the dude!