News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Eagles Thread

Started by runawayjimbo, September 10, 2013, 09:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Foles is the third Super Bowl winning player and second Super Bowl MVP out of Westlake High School here in Austin... so that's pretty cool. He joins Drew Brees and kicker Justin Tucker.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

My buddy went to the Broncos/Seahawks Super Bowl a few years back, I think it was just a matter of spending the money.   
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on February 05, 2018, 02:32:33 PM
My buddy went to the Broncos/Seahawks Super Bowl a few years back, I think it was just a matter of spending the money.

I was semi-seriously considering taking my Dad this year if MN had made it.

... the very cheapest seats in the nose bleed were $5-6k and they went up steeply from there
Bring in the dude!

runawayjimbo

Quote from: VDB on February 05, 2018, 12:10:22 PM
So, how difficult is it for a member of the general rabble to score Super Bowl tickets, anyway? I've always assumed that if you aren't giving the owner financial advice or are a member of the cast of Glee, you're outta luck.

I got lucky:  my cousin's company had tix through the season ticket holder lottery so we got them at face value, *only* $1600 for upper level seats. But they were great seats, right on the 40 yd line. If you don't have an inside track, then yeah, you'd have to be willing to pay $4-6k per ticket.

One loophole, if you were so inclined:  prices on secondary market drop precipitously as you get closer to game time. At kickoff, lower level seats were down to $1000 or so on Stubhub. Heard multiple sources say the knew a guy who knew a guy who would book flight/hotel early and then wait till the game started before buying his seats. Now, when your team is in it, you might not want to do that; part of the experience is getting in early and taking it all in. But you could definitely save a metric buttload if you went this route.

Still coming down and trying to put my head back together but I'm still pretty sure this is a dream. Go Birds.

Oh, and Minneapolis is goddamned freezing.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

runawayjimbo

Quote from: tet on February 07, 2018, 02:43:06 PM
fuck the Eagles

Good, let the hate flow through you.

I'll be sure to text pics from the parade tomorrow.

Better get used to saying that; the torch has been passed. Get used to it.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

pcr3

Quote from: runawayjimbo on February 07, 2018, 07:02:07 PM
Quote from: tet on February 07, 2018, 02:43:06 PM
fuck the Eagles

Good, let the hate flow through you.

I'll be sure to text pics from the parade tomorrow.

Better get used to saying that; the torch has been passed. Get used to it.

Not so fast, young padawan.

That being said, enjoy the parade. I was at the first Pats one. It was like eleventy billion degrees below zero that day and there was still a ridiculous turnout.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3