News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Viet Nam War (Ken Burns - Lynn Novick)

Started by sls.stormyrider, September 27, 2017, 08:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

I haven't been watching too much TV lately except for sports. Had to DVR this series. Started it tonight - like everything Burns is involved in, its great.
Is anyone else watching?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

GBL

I've been keeping up with them as they've aired, with the exception of tonight.

It's been great, imo, very eye opening for me.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mattstick

birdman

2 episodes in. My father spent a lovely year there 68-69. I can't imagine the hell those kids went through
Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

It's all on the DVR and I've watched ep 1. But I'm so fing busy from now until Acl fest is over on October 15th that I doubt I'll have a chance to watch any more of it. Good news is, come October 15th I'll be unemployed again so... yeah I'll watch it for sure.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Don't know when I'll be able to jump into this, but I'm looking forward to it. Big "Civil War" fan here.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

I've watched the first four. It's amazing.

Highly recommend Maron's WTF episode with Ken Burns & Lynn Novick.
http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-845-ken-burns-lynn-novick

sunrisevt

Curious--I'll watch eventually, but did this image pop up yet?

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sls.stormyrider

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Gundo

sls.stormyrider

sunrisevt

Quote from: birdman on September 27, 2017, 09:00:54 PM
2 episodes in. My father spent a lovely year there 68-69. I can't imagine the hell those kids went through

I'm sure we covered this sometime before now, but what branch & job?

My old man was USMC, rotary wing pilot, flew H-34s in Vietnam 1965-68. Got out of the Corps in early 69 right after marrying my mom.

mbw

Looking forward to this.  Currently watching The Untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone on Netflix.  Its good.