News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Lets go to the Polls.......

Started by sophist, November 07, 2006, 09:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: ikki on November 07, 2006, 05:09:55 PM
I voted two days ago, here in Oregon we don't even have any polls anymore it's all by mail (or drop off), which I think is the best way to protect against fraud.

I even voted to increase my property taxes so someone else's brats can get educated, man being a selfless liberal is tough sometimes!  :wink:
I would of done the same, education is a big issue to me. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

bacchist

i think i'd vote for higher taxes in return for specific programs just about every time.
Rebuilding...

birdman

Quote from: phan003 on November 07, 2006, 06:17:09 PM
Quote from: ikki on November 07, 2006, 05:09:55 PM
I voted two days ago, here in Oregon we don't even have any polls anymore it's all by mail (or drop off), which I think is the best way to protect against fraud.

I even voted to increase my property taxes so someone else's brats can get educated, man being a selfless liberal is tough sometimes!  :wink:
I would of done the same, education is a big issue to me. 

Karma to you both of you.
Always invest in the next generation, the alternative is unthinkable. :beers: :clap:
Paug FTMFW!

nab

Quote from: cleech74 on November 07, 2006, 04:47:54 PM
+1 Karma for all the voters. :-D
Right back at you.  Probably the most important thing I did today.

rowjimmy

I votated.
I voted against George Allen because he's a tool.
I voted against Joanne Davis because she's evil too.

And I votated against the marriage amendment because I hate god and his holy sacred bond between one man and one woman :roll:

cleech74

Quote from: antelope19 on November 07, 2006, 04:51:45 PM
Quote from: cleech74 on November 07, 2006, 04:47:10 PM
I voted, and I have the sticker to prove it! :-D   Hope everyone voted today!  It's our right! :beers:

Yup, me too, voted this morning.  Leech, on a local note, what do you think about the race for governor?  I think its gonna be a barn burner, way too close to call right now. Both Candidates make good arguments, although I have not enjoyed all of the dirty ads that completely trash one another, but thats the way it goes.  Did you catch any of the debates?   

We will not know tomorrow.  I see lawsuits.  It has been a dirty road.  Tell me what you stand for!  Don't air the laundry of the other candidate.  Let's not make this the State that everyone loves to move away from.  It's really nice here. :-P
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

bacchist

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 07, 2006, 06:51:56 PM
And I votated against the marriage amendment because I hate god and his holy sacred bond between one man and one woman :roll:

unfortunately it looks like it passed... i'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that!) but i really hate whatever impulse exists within people to want to see people that aren't like themselves deprived of basic rights.  it happens way too often in this world.  it comes in many forms.. race, gender, religion, political affiliation, wardrobe, accent, sexual preference, etc. and it's always an ugly thing.
Rebuilding...

danje

Quote from: bacchist on November 07, 2006, 07:49:06 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 07, 2006, 06:51:56 PM

unfortunately it looks like it passed... i'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that!) but i really hate whatever impulse exists within people to want to see people that aren't like themselves deprived of basic rights.  it happens way too often in this world.  it comes in many forms.. race, gender, religion, political affiliation, wardrobe, accent, sexual preference, etc. and it's always an ugly thing.

Word. I was upset when I saw it passed. I really dont understand the support for the admendment.

rowjimmy

It's establishment of religion in my book; therefore unconstitutional.

Athiests don't give a fuck about who marries who.

grewich

in your face

Caravan2001

Yeah, like Ikki we got to vote from home here in Oregon....SO much better than waiting in line in NYC to go behind a curtain and be pressured with a big line and stuff.  It's great, because you can take your time with the ballot, and read about what measures you're voting on, or the people you're voting for. Than you just drop it off at the library or a ton of other places....If they did that in more places I think more people would vote....

rowjimmy

so we're looking at 5 states that are tossups.
the dems need 3 of them to take the senate...

Hicks

Quote from: caravan2001 on November 07, 2006, 09:58:12 PM
Yeah, like Ikki we got to vote from home here in Oregon....SO much better than waiting in line in NYC to go behind a curtain and be pressured with a big line and stuff.  It's great, because you can take your time with the ballot, and read about what measures you're voting on, or the people you're voting for. Than you just drop it off at the library or a ton of other places....If they did that in more places I think more people would vote....

Yeah and not to mention that you can't discriminate against voters based on what district they come from (at least not as easily as some other states), since all the votes end up going to the same place. 

Edit:  And by district, I mean precinct
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jephrey

I didn't vote...  These people are all losers.  The pubs take it for a while, people don't like how it goes, the dems take it for a while, people don't like how it goes, it's like a big back and forth.  They're all idiots.

I want another dude with some similarities to Reagan.  Just a guy with no need for money that you can be confident that he/she's doing what they believe is best for the people and not their own re-election or gain.  Sure, I want to be aligned with their beliefs, but it's much easier to back someone that you can trust. 

Maybe it's the beer.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

grewich

hell ya...the demo's control the house...
in your face