News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

30 Days of Dead

Started by nab, November 01, 2010, 12:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

http://www.dead.net/30daysofdead

This month starts off with a tasty Shakedown Street!!  :music:

Thank you Grateful Dead for making November a month about more than Turkey.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

damn this shakedown is nice!!

so groovin.
this late brent era?

mattstick

Gotta be 80-83 given the lack of grit in Brent's voice

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

emay

fuckin love this month just for this 30 days of dead!
so many roads n that new minglewood are smokin!

justjezmund

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 06, 2013, 11:15:47 AM
fuckin love this month just for this 30 days of dead!
so many roads n that new minglewood are smokin!

same here, even though I suck at picking out dead dates.  This Playin is awesome. 

And the lack of a second drummer, and donnas voice isn't a screechy siren yet so I would guess a 72/73.

but who cares Im really liking it.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

gainesvillegreen

Still making my way through all this material in runs and cycles, but after hearing about 11 things so far, the Bertha from 8/10/82 is outrageous.

The TMNS from Boston is also really good, but I've always like that version.

I always liked the Corrina from the Other Ones official release, but was quite bored with this one, until I heard Bruce Hornsby push through, and always enjoy that.

Prefer the So Many Roads from the box set of the same name rather than this one from 1994, but I understand the vocal aspect of the performance.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

sophist

I just downloaded all 30 days.  I peaked at the list, I haven't heard but 4-5 of these.  Really made me appreciate the sheer depth in catalog this band has, as I plan to run through all 30 picks today.  Man, I fucking love the Grateful Dead. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mattstick

That 10/1/94 So Many Roads is so good.

sophist

Quote from: mattstick on December 02, 2013, 09:53:33 AM

I'm really looking forward to that,  as I haven't heard that version, but I always love a well played So Many Roads. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mehead

Quote from: mattstick on December 02, 2013, 09:53:33 AM

I agree.  I never actually cared for the song until I was at that show.  I remember almost heading off to take a piss but I decided to wait to setbreak.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

It's too bad So Many Roads never got moved into that second set post-drums ballad slot.

Space > So Many Roads > Throwin/NFA
Space > The Other One > So Many Roads > Sugar Mags
etc..

Lots of nice combos

Lifeboy

I will always love the version from the 'So Many Roads' box set. Soldier Field '95, no?

Love it... probably bc it was the first version I heard, and one of the first GD ballads I fell in love with and really got me emotionally.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

nab

Quote from: Lifeboy on December 02, 2013, 10:22:42 AM
I will always love the version from the 'So Many Roads' box set. Soldier Field '95, no?

Love it... probably bc it was the first version I heard, and one of the first GD ballads I fell in love with and really got me emotionally.

It is the one from Solider Field, though thoroughly edited for commercial consumption (they cut out some of the repeats and aborted attempts in the lyrical delivery).

There is actually a video of the whole thing if you are so inclined to watch it.