News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Where did you matriculate?

Started by Guyute, October 29, 2006, 04:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyute

Curious where folks went to college.  I find a lot of people get into the music there so it makes me curious.

St. Michael's College in Vermont for me.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

sls.stormyrider

Allegheny College, Meadville, PA
:syf: played there 4/71. I didn't get there until 9/76. Timing is everything.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

guyforget

Quote from: Guyute on October 29, 2006, 04:33:50 PM
St. Michael's College in Vermont for me.

Best Divided Sky ever there during the Fall '92 tour opener.

I went to WVU.
-AD_

jedifunk

Pacific University, Forest Grove, OR - fresh/soph/ .5 of junior year (94-97)

Chemeketa CC, Salem, OR - 1 semester (98 )

University of Oregon, Eugene, OR - 1 year... (98-99)
i'm approximately 40 hrs short of my degree. :|
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

gainesvillegreen

University of Florida 1995-1999
Florida State University 1999-2000 (got the degree here)

jedifunk

they actually let you attend FSU after going to UF???

isnt that against florida state law?

;)
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

Quote from: jedifunk on October 29, 2006, 07:58:17 PM
they actually let you attend FSU after going to UF???

isnt that against florida state law?

;)

Thats what I was thinking. 

I dont know how I would have reacted to a VA Tech transfer.  Funny...
-AD_

jedifunk

yeah, you could be a beaver then become a duck.... ;)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

cleech74

Salisbury State University, Maryland.  Go Gulls.

Then some Community College credits.  I still have about 30 to graduate. :|  One day...

Hey, yesterday I watched the Beavers play the Trojans.  It was a big game. :-P
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

cleech74

Ween played at Salisbury in 1992.  I visited my sister at school, and there were posters up on campus for, "The Boognish is Rising!"  I also heard "Push the lil Dasies" for the first time workin' at the local campus radio station.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

jephrey

Montana State 1994-1999

I never realized how close to when I got there my first show was (11/28).  I went from gangsta-rap > alternative guy right away, and stuck with that until I made the change from alternative guy > head and realized what music was.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

VA $l!m

1.william & mary, williamsburg VA-- fall 92>>fall 93(dropout in oct. after Philly dead shows)
2.VCU(vA commonwealth)
--fall94
3.noVAcomcollege-- fall 95
4.VCU spring 96>spring97.

uhuhuhhhhhh, thanks for reminding me i'll never amount to anything. :roll:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

August

mattstick

BA - University of Waterloo
College Diploma - Harris Institute/Toronto
working on my BSc at the Universtiy of Paisley, Glasgow, Scotland

I love post-secondary education

nab

University of Montana, Missoula Mt.  Currently 45 hours away from my degree, and still attending.  I always joked that I would graduate when I was 30 or something.  Looks like that's whats going to happen. :frustrated: