News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/20 - SPAC - Saratoga, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, June 20, 2010, 11:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Phish
06-20-2010
Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY

Soundcheck:  Funky Bitch

Set I:  Brother, AC/DC Bag, Get Back on the Train, Undermind, Cities, Gotta Jibboo*, Roggae, Sleep Again, Lawn Boy, Run Like an Antelope

Set II:  Carini, The Mango Song, Wilson, Drowned > Swept Away > Steep, Makisupa Policeman > Piper > 2001, You Enjoy Myself

Encore:  Frankenstein

*w/Tony Markellis on bass, Mike on second guitar

ytowndan

Minus Sleep Again, I can't really complain about a single song choice in this show!   :beers:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

justjezmund

liked what i heard.  Cant wait to hear it again.  but itll wait.  gnight
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Alumni

Quote from: Superfreakie on June 20, 2010, 11:29:39 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on June 20, 2010, 11:26:36 PM
So Phish played tonight.

Does August own this album?

Actually, I don't think so. Lucky bastard.

This one didn't seem like a Phish concert. I haven't heard the boards, obviously, but I'm gonna go ahead and call it a Phish show.
Cause I got a degree

blatboom

there's still some confusion as to whether or not Steep was played.  awaiting confirmation from any credible source (ie: not FTR)

Caravan2001

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 20, 2010, 11:38:09 PM
Quote from: caravan2001 on June 20, 2010, 11:35:21 PM
FTR doesn't know jack shit....

So True.

Once it's up on LP.com that will confirm it.  Cause we always know they're on top of their shit.  Oh...wait...  :|
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on June 20, 2010, 11:41:43 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on June 20, 2010, 11:38:09 PM
Quote from: caravan2001 on June 20, 2010, 11:35:21 PM
FTR doesn't know jack shit....

So True.

Once it's up on LP.com that will confirm it.  Cause we always know they're on top of their shit.  Oh...wait...  :|

Last time they played Swept Away > Steep. I think the stoners at LP put them on the same track and called it just Swept Away.

ETA: They did, it was 12/31/09 and it still just says Swept Away on LP.com.

McGrupp

Quote from: ytowndan on June 20, 2010, 11:26:11 PM
Minus Sleep Again, I can't really complain about a single song choice in this show!   :beers:

I like sleep again! Good song diddy.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Alumni

Yes to > Steep, btw

verified by going back to the (now archived) show stream.
Cause I got a degree

Alumni

If anyone wants to indulge their Phish-OCD, here's the link.

Don't listen to it from the start. It's an unmuffled internal mic, and the sound is godawful whenever they play anything remotely loud.

swept away at 25:42 > steep at about 27:09

On that note . . . I'm getting some sleep
Cause I got a degree