News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/26 - MPP - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, June 26, 2010, 11:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

newage

Check the end of Free on the LivePhish board. Trey starts playing Mountains in the Mist before switching gears for Fast Enough. I support that decision :clap:

mbw

Marmar

I think they are still shaking off the cobwebs, but each show is showing more and more improvement.....

dare I say Trey is starting to remember he's got balls.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

McGrupp

This show will definitely get a lot of hate but I will say that there were def good things going on.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Alumni

Quote from: McGrupp on June 27, 2010, 11:43:36 AM
This show will definitely get a lot of hate but I will say that there were def good things going on.

I guess I have another reason to be glad I missed MPP last summer. I enjoyed last night. Couldn't tell anyone much about the first set, but it's not as if that's the first time that's ever happened.

Not the biggest 2nd set Horse>Silent fan, but it works after the end of a jam. That was no SandHorse.
Cause I got a degree

McGrupp

Quote from: Alumni on June 27, 2010, 11:50:17 AM

I guess I have another reason to be glad I missed MPP last summer. I enjoyed last night. Couldn't tell anyone much about the first set, but it's not as if that's the first time that's ever happened.

Not the biggest 2nd set Horse>Silent fan, but it works after the end of a jam. That was no SandHorse.

I couldn't tell anyone a lot about the show... I can however tell you a lot about the trees I made friends with in the back of the lawn...  :crazy:

gah

Quote from: McGrupp on June 27, 2010, 11:59:00 AM

I couldn't tell anyone a lot about the show... I can however tell you a lot about the trees I made friends with in the back of the lawn...  :crazy:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

cleech74

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Hicks

Would you say you were listening to the silent trees?   :wtu:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on June 27, 2010, 01:02:47 PM

Would you say you were listening to the silent trees?   :wtu:

my friend (on the paug as lostmyshit) spent most of 9/17/2000 in the bushes back there......talking to the bushes....He pulled it together for the second set though....

Anyway, this show sounds better than it looked to me on paper....the Tweez has some nice stuff and the FEFY is pretty decent...

McGrupp

rowjimmy

Quote from: newage on June 27, 2010, 11:07:21 AM
Check the end of Free on the LivePhish board. Trey starts playing Mountains in the Mist before switching gears for Fast Enough. I support that decision :clap:

Wow. I didn't spot Mountains in the show. That would have been good for my bladder.

gainesvillegreen

Just starting this show, but the Crowd Control to open is 100% better than last years version at the same venue.

%
bed
dar
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.