News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Look at the track lengths

More gets a whole side.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 06, 2018, 03:43:35 PM
Look at the track lengths

More gets a whole side.

I like the song but ugh.  And the sides under 12min? Ugh.  I mean, why not sell a 45rpm box.  The one annoying thing about vinyl, mainly for concert LPs is the lack of continuous listening and constant flipping.  They just amped that up ten fold.  Will still buy though.  Signed, uber custy

mbw

Nothing from Jam Filled? Weak.

Hicks

Imma just keep on bitching and say they should have done some vinyl exclusives to fill up those under 15 minute sides. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

And no covers, lol, Phish at its cash grabbiest.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on June 06, 2018, 05:13:50 PM

That's my thought exactly.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Is the Jerry Before the Dead worth the price in terms of quality of recordings?

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

August

Custard Filled.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

Caravan2001

Caravan2001

Quote from: mbw on June 06, 2018, 08:01:02 PM
Is the Jerry Before the Dead worth the price in terms of quality of recordings?

From what I have heard, absolutely.  Have not gotten through all of it, but the two LPs I have sound great.  I think the easiest recording is a little thin, but the other sides I was pretty blown away at how cleaned up they are.  It's a little expensive, but I am happy with it though I have barely dug into it.  1000000x blows away any of the stuff I had back in the analog days.

susep

20 bucks says they'll release a Jam filled(BD 4) show vinyl box at Curveball.   

mehead

Quote from: susep on June 07, 2018, 06:33:35 AM

20 bucks says they'll release a Jam filled(BD 4) show vinyl box at Curveball.   

This I would buy. Not so much for this LP release.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged