News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NHL 2013

Started by khalpin, January 06, 2013, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

mehead

Are the games still going to be on MTV2?
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sls.stormyrider

Fuck 'em

the owners and players will make their cash
vendors, bar owners, and restaurant owners lost a shitload of money on this.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Thrillhouse

Quote from: slslbs on January 06, 2013, 11:10:10 PM
Fuck 'em

the owners and players will make their cash
vendors, bar owners, and restaurant owners lost a shitload of money on this.

THIS!  I work down the street from the Scott Trade Center (Kiel Center for those who remember) and the amount of money lost over this was staggering, about half the staff left.

Regardless I have tickets for opening night in STL and for a Red Wings game. HOCKEY MOTHER FUCKERS! HOCKEY!
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

mattstick

I was excited about this, then I remembered the Leafs goalie is still James Reimer.

Buffalo Budd

I'm surprised at how little I cared when I heard the news last night.
NHL, LOL.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 07, 2013, 11:22:03 AM
NHL, LOL.

Someone texted me about this last night, my response was "huh, interesting." And it didn't even come to mind again until I just saw this thread. So yeah, seems like the damage is done. I have a feeling a lot of people are in the sls viewpoint of fuck em. I know I am. Besides, I've been going to local AHL games all season, and while our team sucks right now, I've found somewhere else to get my hockey fix.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on January 07, 2013, 10:40:16 AM

I was excited about this, then I remembered the Leafs goalie is still James Reimer.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

khalpin

QuoteAccording to a tweet from Bob McKenzie, the 48 game schedule that the NHL will reveal later this week will be based on this structure:

4 games against TWO divisional opponents
    5 games against TWO divisional opponents
    3 games against the TEN other conference teams.
Kind of an odd way to do it.

antelope19

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 07, 2013, 11:47:40 AM
NHL, LOL.

Someone texted me about this last night, my response was "huh, interesting." And it didn't even come to mind again until I just saw this thread. So yeah, seems like the damage is done. I have a feeling a lot of people are in the sls viewpoint of fuck em. I know I am. Besides, I've been going to local AHL games all season, and while our team sucks right now, I've found somewhere else to get my hockey fix.

If this is how you all feel about it, imagine how the casual fan feels about it.  I think hockey is going to feel this for a long time.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gah

Quote from: antelope19 on January 09, 2013, 09:20:36 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on January 07, 2013, 11:47:40 AM
NHL, LOL.

If this is how you all feel about it, imagine how the casual fan feels about it.  I think hockey is going to feel this for a long time.

And about 10 years* from now just when they've won back most of their base and have started picking up steam again gaining more fans, we'll have another lockout...yay NHL!

:shakehead:

* if the current deal holds up for it's entirety
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

antelope19

Yeah, The NHL does not have the luxuries that the NFL does.  The NFL could miss an entire season and people will still love every second of it.  This is just making a niche sport less popular.  Something that they can't afford. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

mehead

Quote from: antelope19 on January 09, 2013, 09:44:48 AM
Yeah, The NHL does not have the luxuries that the NFL does.  The NFL could miss an entire season and people will still love every second of it.  This is just making a niche sport less popular.  Something that they can't afford.

Couldn't have said it any better.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

khalpin

http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nhl&pollId=3445287

Somewhat of a tainted poll as it's on ESPN and they don't cover hockey.  At all really.